Leidos is seeking a Satellite System Engineer with a TS/SCI with Polygraph to work on intelligence community information technology (IT) contract in the Reston, VA area. This candidate is responsible for managing, updating and troubleshooting satellite communication systems and related network services. The Satellite System Engineers duties include managing spectrum/bandwidth, identifying and analyzing emerging technology, as well as troubleshooting and maintaining satellite communications systems.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, cost estimation, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Provide formal documentation and status reports that serve the group as reference for other teams
- Provide support across the communications system development and review environment
- Apply, as appropriate, activity and data modeling, transaction flow analysis, internal control and risk analysis and modern business methods and performance measurement techniques
- Create and apply business process improvement practices to re-engineer methodology for problem solutions
- Expand or modify the system to serve new purposes or improve workflow
- Develop analytical computational techniques and methodology for problem solutions
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- BS degree and 17+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 15+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Communications system analysis and development experience
- Provide project analysis based on requirements, cost, and schedule performance to include development of recommendations to correct performance variance
- Ability to develop and document overall System Level design, function, and performance criteria
- Ability to develop prototypes for suggested/recommended solutions
- Ability to debug and correct system level problems and issues
- Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.