The Network Operations Analyst will support the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) with Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers, the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
- Services include the core telecommunications capabilities that enable the Warfighter to meet operational needs by providing world-wide telecommunications, supporting natural disaster relief, and conducting humanitarian assistance in peace time crises, regional conflicts, and at the same time executing on-going strategic deterrence activities.
The work is currently focused under the ITIL precept as incident, problem, or event management and to a lesser degree capacity and computing performance.
- Execute in real time, in accordance with mission requirements: trend analysis and reporting, ticket management / analysis, customer RFI management and briefing to senior leaders\
- Gather trend data from various tools and reporting sources, analyze the data to identify possible trends and critical failures, develop trends and metrics reports based on the findings, and coordinate meetings and supporting presentations based on this analysis to DISA managers and Senior Managers
- Provide management insight into trends impacting DISA Network and Computing Services to identify opportunities to reduce outage time, identify reoccurring issues (problem management), reduce days to root cause determination, decrease implementation time for permanent fixes, decrease problems due to changes, improve management decision making, and allocate resources based on DISA priorities to effectively and efficiently address and remediate reoccurring or critical failures. This will require analyzing outages, incidents, and events for possible trends, developing trend reports, and participating in DISA incident and problem management teams and working groups to assist with remediation of these issues.
- Provide timely, informative management analytical and trending reports on DISA Network, Computing and Applications Services to provide decision support to Agency leadership and management to improve performance and service delivery.
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 4-8 years of overall related experience. Additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with various Microsoft technologies such as MS Office 2013 and SharePoint
- Good oral and written communication skills
- DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ce.
- Ticket Management System experience (preferably GTMS or ITSM)
- ITIL V3 Foundations
- Experience briefing Senior Leaders
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.