Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is excited about our work with a Federal law enforcement agency supporting the development and maintenance of their applications and infrastructure. We are seeking a Network Systems Engineer, to support a classified infrastructure for facilities located in both the mid-Atlantic and the south east regions of the United States. The incumbents will be based out of the customer locations in Fairfax, VA and Miami, FL while providing remote & on-site support to all assigned offices. Candidate will also travel locally approximately 10-25% of the time.
- The incumbent will:
- Maintain Classified Network infrastructure and connectivity for each site ensuring updated systems
- Engage with other engineers to determine the best practice and operation of the network to maintain constant operation
- Determine the most efficient configuration of the network based on Engineering documents and experience
- Provide input to Government customer on best practice for the operation and maintenance of the network
- Engage customers to determine solution to reported problems to network outages and degradations experienced
- Support Authorized Service Interruption (ASI) Activities Collect site and device data
- Determine scheduling of maintenance windows and coordinate dispatch of technicians and availability of site personnel
- Interact with government customers and provide and present customer briefings
- Transport, lift, and install IT equipment
- Occasional COMSEC/Taclane support is required
Additionally the candidate will provide after-hours support when needed. Candidate will perform accounts creation/maintenance; issue/maintain Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) tokens, performing as the Registration Authority (RA); provide Active Directory updates, install/maintain workstations, peripherals, and cables for assigned site; perform email administration, printer maintenance, workstation configuration, and troubleshooting; automated Help Desk tools (Microsoft System Center), Citrix desktop virtualization environment.
MUST POSSESS AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
Typically requires BS and 4 + years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience in the following:
• Network / Systems engineering and administration in a classified environment
• Windows Server 2008 and higher at the level to build, maintain and troubleshoot servers
• Windows 7 and higher client desktops
• Active Directory management
• Microsoft SCCM and SCOM
• Experience with COMSEC & Taclane equipment
• Patch management solutions
• System monitoring solutions
• Imaging systems and building workstations
• Troubleshooting failed systems, including servers/desktops/routers/switches
• Excellent communication skills to support end-users
• Desktop imaging
• Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, and lift up to 50 pounds to lift & install equipment.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.