Leidos is seeking talented Systems Engineers at multiple levels to support the Leidos Airborne Solutions Operation to build a solution to define, test and deliver a hardware/software platform in support of our Leidos Special Mission Aircraft and future aircraft development. The type of work to be performed includes requirements development, model based systems engineering, systems analysis for virtualization and containerization of legacy and future applications, architecture definition and optimization, and research for model based software code generation. This work can be done in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD or by telecommuting.
- Responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design & modeling, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding.
- Evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems.
- Duties include performing systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
- For Mid-Level: Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience; additional experience may be consider in lieu of degree
- For Senior Level: Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of twelve (12) years of experience; additional experience may be consider in lieu of degree
All positions require:
- Expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Familiarity with Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) and Electronic Warfare (EW) capabilities.
- Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) and C4ISR Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS)
- Embedded system design and development
- Hardware integration and test
- Requirements management (analysis, design, development, implementation and verification)
- MBSE modeling in Cameo or comparable
- Army and Air Force DoD familiarity
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Knowledge of MORA, MOSA, Victory, SOSA, FACE, OMS, CMOSS and Military communications (Link 16, VMF, USMTF, ASCA, Stanag standards, JCIDS 4.2)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.