Leidos is searching for a Security Analyst, Senior for our team at the Austin Information Technology Center.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans
A Senior Security Analyst has experience in managing teams of security analysts. May be called upon to be a team lead because of the Senior title. Need experience in managing a team.
- Able to effectively leverage vast detailed knowledge and familiarity with security discipline.
- Has thorough knowledge of security principles, concepts, policy and regulations.
- Able to identify risks in security systems and work with technical experts to resolve security issues.
- Possess ability to identify key concepts, factors and risks based on conversations and document these in clear and concise narrative or graphic reports.
- Provide 24x7x365 support as required to the Information Assurance Service Line which provides support for Assessment and Authorization (A&A) processes and Continuous Monitoring for 300+ Minor and Major applications serving ITOPS IO datacenters as well as expanding Major application support for Other Government Agencies.
- Technically, all 300+ A&As are continuously ongoing year around and are part of continuous monitoring. Candidate will ensure the analysts maintain subject matter expertise level of a Certified Authorization Professional (CAP®). on related criteria and guidance such as Federal Information Systems Management Act (FISMA)n, NIST Special Pubs, OMB Memorandum, Privacy Act, HIPAA, applicable VA directives and handbooks IAW 2.0, and local directives and handbooks.
- Research and gather data relevant to the development of security artifacts through multiple techniques such as interview or the use of automated tools and data repositories (e.g. CA SDM, Agiliance Risk Vision Governance Risk and Compliance tool, SharePoint, Vulnerability Management Database)
- Develop and maintain A&A security artifacts. The information is analyzed and gathered by the Security Analyst, Sr. and resides in a tool that is then handed off to another group within the VA or any possible action or remediation.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline, plus 5 years of experience. 15 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- US Citizen Federal Contract requirement
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
- Experience with eMass. The Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) is a web-based government off the shelf (GOTS) solution that automates a broad range of services for comprehensive, fully integrated cyber security management, including controls scorecard measurement, dashboard reporting, and the generation of the risk management framework (RMF) for the Veteran’s Administration. eMASS provides an integrated suite of authorization capabilities and prevents cyber-attacks by establishing strict process control mechanisms for obtaining authorization to operate decisions.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.