Leidos currently has an opening for a Cyber Security Specialist, Senior to work remotely. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans
The Contractor shall perform support services within the Cyber Security Management Division. This division is charged with establishing a centralized security program to address security with projects.
The Contractor shall keep security tools tuned and coordinated with the necessary security posture. The support services required include analyzing current security tools and datacenter environments to ensure all security environments needing attention get the attention required per policy and customization needed with the different applications or datacenter solutions. The Contractor support team shall also handle critical/important day-to-day Change Order management and current and future security tool architecture design.
- Transforming metrics into useful information and explaining their meaning.
- Supporting in-depth defense strategies in large and complex networks to rapidly identify and develop effective counter-measures.
- Conducting hands on evaluation, implementation, and operation of leading security cyber defense tools and technologies.
- Providing support in an IT operations and maintenance Tier II role, including ticket work information updates, issue response and remediation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline plus 10 years of experience is required. An additional 8 years of experience may be substituted for education.
- 5+ years’ experience with IT in a professional work environment.
- 3+ years of experience with Linux administration, including Debian, VMWare, and RedHat distribution variants or derivatives.
- Experience with deployment or daily maintenance of ForeScout CounterACT appliances.
- Ability to install and deploy ForeScout in a customer environment.
- Ability to integrate cybersecurity data using enterprise or custom tools data aggregation and analysis tools, including Splunk and QRadar.
- ForeScout certifications FSCA or FSCE
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.