Leidos currently has an opening on the Next Generation Enterprise Network Re-Compete (NGEN-R) Contract for a Service Delivery Manager-Transport Services
This is an exciting opportunity to use your technical leadership and management skills to successfully execute the mission of the Navy’s largest IT services program. Under the NGEN-R Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) Contract, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, network engineering, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
This position requires someone with extensive Operations/Engineering Leadership experience, preferably someone with a previous Network/Transport technical background, and working knowledge of a large DOD Enterprise Network Environment.
Manage a large virtual technical team, interact directly with and manage the Customer relationship.
- What You'll Get to Do (Job duties)
- Report to the Director, Network Operations.
- Developing Monthly Status Review and Program Management Report inputs and other relevant reporting taskers
- Performs Contract transition tasks, some requiring travel, during contract startup and transition. (Additional travel may be required during Contract Transition period.)
- Focus on managing and supervising a virtual Tier III Ops-Engineering Team, Regional Leads,
- Providing oversight of Functional Leads and Engineering Staff for BAN/LAN/WLAN, WAN, COMSEC, Cross Domain Systems, Piers Connectivity, and Community of Interest (COI) areas
- Managing the Transport organization and administratively manage 6-8 direct-report employees
- Working with the NOC Manager to coordinate day-to-day Tier III escalations
- Directing network design/engineering and integration, test and evaluation activities
- Directing Network Engineering activities with expert-level knowledge, precision, and skill, but listens attentively to the team, values opinions and considers other perspectives.
- Managing cost, schedule and performance of Transport Services
- Collaborates directly with the Chief Engineer and Chief Architect to define and continuously improve:
- NMCI configuration standard baselines and versioning
- Automation and best practice/technical insertion opportunities
- Development of SOPs/TTPs
- Identification and coordination of activities to:
- Perform network analyses to identify and correct deficiencies; improving End-User experience.
- Test upgrades, patches, feature enhancements and changes for technical assurance prior to deployment and execution.
- Participate in or direct Service Management Integration Activities (SIAs)
- Work directly with the NOC Operations Manager and NOC Lead for Tier III Operations Support activities, such as Service Response and Restoral; provides leadership to Service Restoration Teams (SRTs).
- Coordinates network upgrades and maintenance activities with the NMCI Operations Manager, NOC Lead, Release Management team and other key stakeholders.
- Directs and supports network design reviews focused on network and cybersecurity requirements/security controls.
- Participates in or delegates Problem Management activities to conduct root cause analysis and make recommendations on corrective actions.
- In collaboration with Operations leadership, reviews Government Directed Actions (GDAs) for possible impact to network performance and provides necessary recommendations.
- You'll Bring These Qualifications (Requirements)
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience
- Prior leadership responsibilities in large-matrixed organizations
- DOD Secret Security Clearance w/ability to upgrade to and maintain a TS Security Clearance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experienced and adept at developing and maintaining technical documents, analyses, and reports
- Experienced with preparing and presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management
- Working knowledge of the ITIL framework and best practices
- Working knowledge of defense-in-depth principles, network/HW/SW security architecture, network topology, IT device integrity, and common security elements
- Minimum IAT II Certification: IAT II qualified in accordance with DoD 8570.1 m, i.e. CompTIA Security+ CE, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security
- •Ability to travel 25% including some OCONUS travel.
- These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in IT Management, Engineering, or related field
- Management experience in a NET/SEC DevOps environment
- 15+ years of extensive Ops/Eng Management experience within DoD network communications customer facing environment
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- ITIL certification/training preferably including Service Strategy and Service Design (ITIL v4 Preferred)
- Agile certifications or operational experience in an Agile environment
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.