The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a GAIT Mission Planner. This position will support the PM Tactical Network/PdM Mission Network requirements that will serve as mid-level personnel to perform the daily tasks of Global Agile Integrated Transport (GAIT) mission planner to perform the daily mission planning tasks and network functions at the Global Agile Integrated Transport (GAIT) Network Support Center (NSC). This position is 12hr day shift (2-on, 2-off, 3-on, 2-off, 2-on, 3-off) 84hrs every 2 weeks. The GAIT NSC Mission Coordination Team is based out of the Fort Detrick, Maryland (Fredrick Maryland) area. This Team operates as a component of the larger GAIT NSC Team on a 24 x 7 x 365 basis.
The selected candidate will support management and technical coordination tasks with Army units (Soldiers, DA Civilians, DA Contractors) to determine specific GAIT mission needs and requirements.
Participates in meetings, conference calls, task groups, teams, GAIT mission reviews and other environments to assist in GAIT mission collaborative.
Prepare detailed GAIT mission reports, and update presentations with GAIT mission specific metrics.
Position can require some travel.
Additionally, the selected candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Scheduling, tracking and reporting of all GAIT missions.
- Maintain the master GAIT mission tracker - provides details to GAIT NSC personnel and Regional Hub Node (RHN) mission planners as needed.
- Compile all GAIT mission requirements for the creation and modification of GAIT mission packets.
- Prioritize mission process flow on GAIT mission requested priority and PM Tactical Network guidance.
- Distribute all GAIT mission packets to mission participants.
- Inform GAIT NSC personnel of upcoming GAIT missions related events.
- Bachelors Degree and 6 or more years of directly related experience. Additional years of directly related experience can offset the degree requirements.
- Active DoD secret security clearance
- Must be knowledgeable in the PM Tactical Network tactical terminals from a planning, implementation and troubleshooting perspective.
- Must have experience with and detailed knowledge of Network Engineering, DoD SATCOM Teleports, and Tactical Networks.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:12 Hour Shift Pattern
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.