Leidos Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) is the prime contractor to the National Science Foundation (NSF) in support of the United States Antarctic Program (USAP). Leidos supports the NSF’s Office of Polar Program’s Antarctic Infrastructure and Logistics by aligning with their Mission and Vision Statements:
- Vision: Expanding our scientific reach in Antarctica through increased operational and logistical effectiveness.
- Mission: To provide the operational and logistical platform necessary for the U.S. to conduct world-class science in Antarctica and maintain its active and influential presence on the continent.
Leidos ASC operates and maintains over 430 buildings & structures encompassing approximately 900,000 GSF of space year-round, across three geographically remote research stations; McMurdo Station, Palmer Station, and South Pole Station. Each station supports world class research and the facilities are a critical part of this mission and supports over 1300 people living, working and performing research across Antarctica. Leidos is also undertaking the Antarctic Infrastructure Modernization for Science at McMurdo rebuilding the location with new facilities to make a long and enduring impact in Antarctica.
The Senior Program Planner / Scheduler will be a critical team member for the Antarctic Support Contract. The position will manage the schedules for several major capital projects (>$1 million) that are focused on revitalizing the US Antarctic Program’s (USAP) facilities around the Antarctic. They will develop project schedules in an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). This position will also support the Antarctic Infrastructure Modernization for Science (AIMS) project that is rebuilding McMurdo Station Antarctica as part of a scheduling team for that project. The position is based in Centennial Colorado. The employee will be responsible for applying scheduling theory to develop the IMS. Candidate will be responsible for working according to EVM standard EIA-748/GAO reporting and annual surveillance.
Duties for the position include the following:
- Create and manage schedules using Primavera P6 for large projects compliant with EIA-748/GAO requirements. Creating schedules for new projects as well as continue development and management of existing schedules in all phases of projects.
- Develop baseline schedules and associated artifacts to meet contractual/project requirements.
- Monitor, analyze, and report performance against baseline schedules to ensure contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met.
- Conduct critical path and network analysis on schedules.
- Maintain vertical and horizontal traceability between supplemental schedules and integrated master schedule.
- Obtain weekly/monthly updates on schedules, including coordination with project managers and major subcontractors.
- Participate in annual earned-value surveillance, including data calls and interviews.
- Generate weekly schedule status reports for project managers, and other activity reports as required.
- Work closely with Project Managers with development and maintenance of project documentation.
- Conduct Page & Line reviews of project schedules with Control Account Managers
- Receive, analyze, manipulate and enter schedule data from primary subcontractor on AIMS program into AIMS IMS
- Be an active participant in peer reviews of projects.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of scheduling experience using project scheduling tools such as Primavera P6 or Microsoft Project. An additional 4 years’ relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree education.
- Earned-value (EIA-748/GAO) knowledge
- Knowledge of financial planning/budget planning and tracking
Expected Skill Sets:
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and also as a team member
- Ability to execute in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent Communications skills both written and verbal
- Excellent Microsoft Office experience
- Advanced Excel skill set including pivot tables, macros, lookup tables
- Strong understanding of project planning practices, financial and EVM reporting
Preferred Qualifications / Experience:
- Primavera P6
- Microsoft Excel
- Experience with National Science Foundation Large Facility Office (LFO)
- Experience with Department of Energy (DOE), Government Accountability Office (GAO), or Department of Defense (DOD) EVMS.
- Strong understanding of ANSI-748C and the NDIA Intent Guide and experience implementing these guidelines
- Deltek COBRA
- May require travel to out of state customer sites
PHYSICAL AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Deployment may be required in this position. This position requires successful completion of the National Science Foundation (NSF) physical and dental examinations for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. Per contract requirements, US citizenship or permanent residency is required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.