Leidos is hiring a Senior Network Engineer to support the ESA V program in Lorton, VA. ESA V is an IT applications and infrastructure services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice (DOJ). The program provides a range of IT services, including software application support, enterprise infrastructure support, service desk, ITSM, deskside support, workstation engineering and maintenance, telecommunications and mobility engineering services, managed print services, Active Directory services, and video conferencing.
This customer unit is responsible for providing field communications support to their field agents, officers and investigators worldwide. This position will provide expert level network engineering support to manage and maintain the equipment, networks and web applications that support the field communications systems deployed by our customer. Work hours are Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm.
The candidate will be subject matter expert skilled in Juniper SRX-series branch routers, Juniper EX-series switches, Cisco Firepower ASA firewalls, AnyConnect VPN clients, TrippLite serial consoles, Ethernet & TDMA delivered Private IP & Internet circuits, Private APN cellular networks, Network Time Protocol (NTP). Extensive experience in the implementation of information security (IS) best practices & performance of work in accordance with the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) to ensure that systems can maintain accreditation.
This position requires working independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the customer’s needs are met quickly and effectively. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers to understand requirements, issues and mission needs, and then to be able to translate them into actions.
- Learn a new Government system, and become the single Subject Matter Expert for all systems issues.
- Independently provide network engineering operations and maintenance (O&M) support for a mission-critical government system; support the system as the SME on the team, requiring broad and deep knowledge across the applicable technologies
- Juniper SRX-series security devices, certified at the JNCIP-SEC or JNCIE-SEC levels; ensure configurations consistent with industry best practices & FISMA; implement defense-in-depth methodology by using appropriate firewall rules, security policies and other IS-consistent configurations; monitor pre-shared key (PSK) and AutoVPN virtual private network (VPN) links; implement high availability (HA) configurations as needed
- Juniper EX-series switches using 1Gbps & 10Gbps backplanes; implement connectivity with Juniper & other vendor technologies using copper & fiber; implement high availability (HA) as needed
- Cisco Firepower ASA firewalls using AnyConnect for client VPN access; implement high availability (HA) as needed; ensure connectivity to backend authentication services; ensure secure configuration for remote network & network resource access
- Design & maintain out-of-band (OOB) management network using TrippLite serial consoles, iDRAC and other technologies to ensure secure & available management of network devices
- Working with STCR personnel, participate in design & specification of Private IP (PIP) and Internet circuits to support systems
- Ensure high availability of Network Time Protocol (NTP) across all networks to ensure consistent & accurate time is available to all servers & network devices.
- Work within configuration management process to ensure consistent & secure modifications to equipment configurations
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and diagrams related to the field communications systems equipment & networks
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years of experience or a Masters degree with 10+ years experience. High school diploma with 4+ years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required, but selected individual cannot start the assignment until the required security clearance is granted by the customer.
- Experience providing O&M support to complex, mission-critical systems
- Experience on designing, implementing and configuring network infrastructure
- Experience working independently to troubleshoot and correct operational issues
- Experience as a Subject Matter Expert on network infrastructure
- Experience working closely with customers and users to troubleshoot and resolve complex user issues
- Ability to work and brief customer to include senior management
- Extensive experience configuring, designing, implementing and troubleshooting with following technologies:
- Juniper SRX-series branch routers
- Juniper EX-series switches
- Cisco Firepower ASA firewalls
- AnyConnect VPN clients
- TrippLite serial consoles
- Ethernet & TDMA delivered Private IP & Internet circuits
- Private APN cellular networks
- Network Time Protocol (NTP)
- Information security (IS) best practices & Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA), and accreditation
- Configuration management process
- Establish goals and project plan objectives
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Security Engineering Experience
- Business Analysis/Requirements Development Experience
- Technical Writing and Documentation Experience
- Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
- DOJ Clearance
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Come join our rapidly growing team and enjoy these benefits:
- Accrue 3 weeks of PTO during your first year
- Get ten paid holidays a year
- Access to benefits on day one including medical and dental insurance
- Employee discounts
- Company HSA contribution
- Excellent 401K
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.