The Program Manager shall support the migration of VA’s VistA computer spaces in multiple phased, concurrent, and rolling projects directly supporting each migration location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans
The Contractor shall perform the following tasks, which may require the use of GFE (Government Furnished Equipment).
- Develop standard project management artifacts using input from stakeholders, including government and non-government contacts.
- Follow guidance from project planning documents.
- Coordinate task efforts with government FTE’s, meeting performance expectations and providing expected deliverables in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate communications with onsite points of contact regarding all activities and conduct technical and non-technical project coordination meetings with stakeholders.
- Apply industry best practice project management techniques to support data center activities. Follow guidance from VistA project planning documents. Provide feedback for project plans to increase efficacy in follow-on activities.
- Coordinate network capacity performance testing on networks for remote operations; make appropriate technical recommendations to the consolidation program to satisfy user needs in the future operating environment.
- Identify appropriate target environments for relocation of IT services to target operating environments. Conduct business, contracting, and technical coordination to implement approved IT service migrations.
- Provide technical representation of supporting contract task orders necessary to support consolidation project activities.
- Conduct technical and non-technical project coordination meetings with stakeholders.
- Maintain project documentation.
- Modify, create, and close out support agreements to meet operational intent.
- Supervise supporting contract operations to meet operational intent.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline, plus 15 yrs experience. 25 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- US Citizenship with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance . Federal contract requirement
- Must have a background in network administration/engineering
- Ability to work onsite at our customer location AITC Austin, TX.
- Interpersonal communication
- Project management (PMP certification preferred but not required)
- Technical communication
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of implied tasks and interdependencies
- Integration of complex data into consistent, organized data sets using standard office software
- PMP Certification
- ITIL Certification
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.