The National Solutions Operation at Leidos has a challenging opportunity for a Principal Solution Architect to work in our Chantilly, VA or Aurora, CO office. This is a forward leaning opportunity to support new business pursuits and surge support to existing programs by providing innovative solutions to complex technical challenges within the Intellegence Community. Leidos is seeking a motivated, customer focused technologist who can bring together solutions which are relevant to the customer's mission as well as innovative and discriminating. We value your creativity and looking for team players who can work collaboratively to bring together the best solutions. We are a team of mission minded technologists that work closely with the business divisions and business development teams, to meet with customers to understand their challenges and needs, and develop technical solutions. These solutions should consider commercial industry trends, best practices, emerging methodologies, customer mission realities, and affordability. To be considered, you must have a current and active TS/SCI with Polygraph.
The ideal candidate will have a solid technical foundation, is customer focused, has experience putting together end to end solutions for pursuits, comfortable with ambiguity, brings a proven track record of successful program executions and capture efforts, and is driven to grow the business with technical excellence in all arenas. You must be an effective communicator, a strong collaborator across a broad spectrum of stakeholders, and able to lead a diverse and dispersed team of professionals.
- Serve as Lead Solution Architect for major captures and pursuits
- Support customer meetings and demo's and capability briefings in concert with the business development team.
- Lead and author Request for Information (RFI's) and white papers
- Support capture efforts as needed to author technical sections of the RFP, as well support generation of Basis of Estimate (BOE's) and BOE justification descriptions.
- Provide Operation and Division level expertise aligned to Leidos Technical Core Competencies (TCCs) (Digital Modernization, Mission Software Systems, and Mission Support).
- Provide surge support to programs with focus on complex technology issue resolution
- Support the building of technology strategy and roadmap within the Operation
- Review and assess vendor technology solutions
- A current and active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance is required for consideration.
- Requires Masters with 15-20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13-16 years of prior relevant experience.
- At least 5+ years of Satellite Operations experience and sustainment of ground systems
- Knowledge of complex distributed ground system to include network (LAN/WAN)
- Knowledge of software and system test and validation process
- Knowledge of the basic satellite systems and operations to include sensor integration, telemetry, command and control, and communications systems
- Possess strong systems engineering discipline in one or more of the following focus areas: architecture and requirements development, readiness, IV&V, transition to operations, risk management, configuration management, technology planning and insertion, and performance assessment
- Prior experience with space/ground systems engineering, requirement management, CONOPs development, and system integration of overhead collection systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication, project coordination, and possess a strong dedication to a teaming dynamic
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, as well as on a multi-disciplinary team to build consensus and resolve issues
- Experience in the design, development, test, and implementation of space satellite systems
- Strong experience as a technical design lead on multi-disciplinary projects
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and planning skills
- Experience with Models Based System Engineering (MBSE)
- Minimum 7 years’ experience supporting US Intelligence Community customers
- Minimum 7 years’ experience leading technical teams
- Basic knowledge and Proficiency with space architectures
- Experience in satellite orbital mechanics and dynamics modeling
- Familiarity with modeling languages, including STK, Python, Matlab, or similar
- Familiarity with satellite ground programs and processes
- Extensive experience with the following: Satellite sensing modalities, including Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR), and SIGINT
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning application
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $136,500.00 - $210,000.00 - $283,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.