The Aviation Maintenance and Integration Division (AMID) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Logistics Specialist to work in Manassas, Virginia. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in advancing the AMID's growing capability.
In this role, the Logistics Specialist primary focus will be in the transportation arena. The position will support the transportation lead in completing the Shippers Letter of Intent (SLI) and Commercial Invoice (CI) paperwork, coordinate approvals with the corporate International Trade Manager (ITM), schedule pick-up and delivery with carriers and freight forwarders, provide daily tracking updates on shipped material (both CONUS/OCONUS) in support of aircraft maintenance and production.
Primary Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Completion of SLI’s and CI’s for CONUS/OCONUS transportation.
- Work with program personnel on shipment requirements and tracking details
- Schedule pick up and deliveries
- Monitor in-transit shipments
- Provide daily situation reports (SITREP) on items in-transit
- Develop weekly shipment status briefs
- Work with carrier and/or freight forwarder to resolve any Customs issues.
Secondary Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Manage GFE and GSE inventories at all CONUS and OCONUS sites; primarily responsible for ensuring 100% accountability of all equipment, parts, and materials associated with the contract.
- Responsible for the safe and secure shipment of all equipment, parts and materials --to include classified shipments.
- Inventory support during surges or audits
- Maintains accurate and current chain of custody documentation to track turnover/possession between the U.S. Government and the Contractor
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and four (4) years of transportation logistics experience. Additional years’ experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrate an understanding of ITAR regulations and processes
- Experience with freight carriers and freight forwarders
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
- Proficient in all MS Office applications
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- US military logistics experience.
- Working knowledge of Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCN), Harmonized Tariff Codes (HTS), and Schedule B.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.