At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
Our Defense Group is seeking a Budget Analyst to support Post Production Software Support (PPSS) and Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) engineering and technical services to the CECOM Software Engineering Center Mission Command Division based in Aberdeen MD with operations located at both Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD and Ft. Sill/Lawton, OK.
The Budget Analyst will be located in our Ft. Sill/Lawton, OK location to support the work we do for the US Army’s FIRES family of systems, to include: AFATDS, JADOCS, FOS, FF-Q36, LCMR Q50, AN/TQP-53 and LCMR Q49. As the Budget Analyst, you will work with a team that manages budgets, identifies issues, and determines resolutions and will develop cost estimates in response to Government requests and in support of CDRL deliveries in order to provide project management with the data and reports for use in managing the overall tasks.
BS degree and 2 years of related experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Previous experience analyzing technical tasks to determine the budget and manpower and other direct cost (ODC)
Experience compiling and completing budget estimates
Effective communication skills to work with internal and external team members and leadership
Ability to analyze and provide solutions to complex issues in multiple areas of responsibilities
Ability to work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives
Experience creating, modifying, and navigating Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET Clearance.
As a member of the Fires Budget team, the Budget Analyst will perform a variety of budgetary functions associated with the contract organization's budgetary program, policies, and procedures.
For resource estimation, the Budget Analyst may:
- Develop and maintain complex tracking files to analyze allocated resources lines against actual expenditures, pinpoint possible problems, and develop mitigation plans to ensure all tasks remain on track and on budget.
- Compile, analyze, and verify all financial data used to populate month-end reporting for all Contract Deliverables Requirements List (CDRL) financial reports.
- Ensure that cost data is accurate and delivered on time.
- Coordinate with software managers to determine charge strings for each subcontractor and submit tickets to open them in the SLICS time-sheet application.
- Review weekly time-sheet charges for each subcontractor employee, identify and resolve any anomalies, and approve charges for each subcontract employee.
In addition, as part of the cycle of continuous improvement, the analyst may:
- Manage and execute complex specialized projects and processes.
- Oversee contract requirements and subcontractor responsibilities (if applicable) to ensure they are being accomplished.
- Implement project planning techniques to provide visibility on the contract.
- Utilize expertise in program and resource management to establish and define program plan requirements.
- Experience in a budgetary or accounting role.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills to include the ability to use Pivot tables and write macros.
- Familiarity with DOD/US Army contracting, budgeting and accounting processes and tools a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.