Leidos Military & Veterans Health Solutions currently has an opening for a Requirements Manager to work remotely from their home office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Leidos mission. In this mission, we are implementing an Automated Prescription Fulfillment System (APFS) for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) at a new Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy (CMOP) facility in Shawnee, KS, to replace the legacy system currently operating in Leavenworth, KS.
As prime contractor, Leidos is working with subcontractor companies to implement (deliver and integrate) a complex, integrated system-of-systems that performs very high-speed (10,000 scripts per hour) prescription filling while meeting all system requirements.
The Requirements Manager will work with subcontractor companies as well as Leidos systems engineers, integration engineers, and test engineers to deliver a system that meets all VA requirements through the traceability of those requirements to detailed test plans and procedures.
The Requirements Manager will organize, document, analyze, and review requirements for the APFS implementation team. The Requirements Manager will be responsible for interfacing with multiple stakeholders to assess and understand the requirements to ensure that test plans and procedures are consistent and applicable across all system capabilities. The Requirements Manager will work the team to verify and ensure traceability from the Statement of Requirements to system components and software with associated test plans and test procedures. The Requirements Manager ensures that each requirement is verifiable and demonstrable for VA CMOP validation and acceptance.
The Requirements Manager is responsible for overseeing functional and non-functional requirements for the project team and its associated work streams. Suitable candidate must have experience in resolving project problems and taking corrective action, escalating when needed to resolve and achieve results in regards to the requirements demonstration and validation mission.
The Requirements Manager’s primary duties include:
- Manage and verify requirements; capture detailed descriptions of system capability and functionality; and ensure the project team has clear, consistent, and testable requirements documented in test plans, test procedures, and completion criteria
- Review and harden requirements with customer representatives
- Develop and maintain the Requirements Verification Traceability Matrix (RVTM)
- Coordinate with the Test Engineers to align testing priorities with the business needs and confirmed requirements.
- Support the Change Control processes and Engineering Review Boards to ensure that the appropriate categorization and disposition of all requirements.
- Support the Program Manager and Contracts Administrator for requirements disposition, when an explicit requirement cannot be met as specified, to revise the requirement with the customer.
- Reconcile conflicts; decompose high-level information into the appropriate level of detail for team members; and participate in peer reviews of requirements documentation.
- Collaborate with software development / configuration, test, and management team members; adhere to project schedules and milestones; and provide weekly status updates to management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related scientific/technical discipline is required with 5 years of professional experience. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience working with suppliers, end users and stakeholders in a systems integration and test environment for the implementation, testing, and transition of a production capability.
- Experience working with Test Engineers in the creation and implementation of complex detailed test plans to ensure requirements traceability that lead to a favorable customer acceptance of delivered equipment and integrated systems.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage a Requirements Verification Traceability Matrix (RVTM) and 5 years of experience with Requirements Management.
- Thorough knowledge of requirements management processes, procedures, and resources to include understanding of related test processes, test procedures, and test infrastructures.
- Ability to analyze and assess requirements
- Strong understanding of SDLC and best practices for quality assurance testing in software and hardware systems
- Understanding of standard Change Management process
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong qualitative skills and quantitative skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task
- Work well under pressure
- Pharmaceutical distribution systems and requirements under FDA regulations
- Electro-mechanical systems experience, programmable industrial controls, PLCs, process control
- Computer networks, TCP/IP, serial port connections
- Experience with Verification and Validation
- Knowledge of IQ/OQ/PQ
- Knowledge of EngineeringEdge NextGen
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Experience performing Requirements Management in hardware and software systems / industrial systems.
- Experience supporting VA, DoD, or other Federal customer environments.
- Experience with Department of Veterans Affairs within the last two years, to include previous possess of VA PIV card and VA network access
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.