Leidos Military & Veterans Health Solutions currently has an opening for an Integration Lead to work remotely from their home office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Leidos mission. In this mission, we are implementing an Automated Prescription Fulfillment System (APFS) for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) at a new Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy (CMOP) facility in Shawnee, KS, to replace the legacy system currently operating in Leavenworth, KS.
As prime contractor, Leidos is working with subcontractor companies to implement (deliver and integrate) a complex, integrated system-of-systems that performs very high-speed (10,000 scripts per hour) prescription filling while meeting all system requirements.
The Integration Lead will work with subcontractor companies as well as Leidos systems engineers, integration engineers, and test engineers to deliver, integrate, and test the APFS and its ancillary systems (power, air compressors, uninterruptible power supply) from site arrival to system Go-Live and transition to VA for production operations.
The Integration Lead is responsible for providing technical leadership and oversight for day-to-day design, development, integration, and testing of the hardware and software system architecture to deliver, integrate, test, and operate the APFS system. The Integration Lead will lead the integration of COTS applications for pharmacy control, order management and warehouse management with external interfaces for intake of patient orders and supply chain management, enterprise services, and pharmacy automation equipment to comprise one integrated system for automated prescription fulfillment.
The Integration Lead’s primary duties include:
- Plan and coordinate all activities necessary to complete the APFS delivery and implementation (inclusive of supporting projects) to specification and on schedule.
- Design and implement solutions to meet system requirements
- Manage program-level integration tasks at multiple work locations
- Coordinate iterative requirements management and test engineering activities to ensure all system requirements are testable and demonstrable for government validation and acceptance
- Ensure that all changes to the baselines go through appropriate change boards, serve as a member of Change Control & Engineering Review Boards
- Engage with Program Management to assist with project tracking and scope control.
- Deliver status reports to program manager and customer
- Support and facilitate weekly Technical Meetings with customer representatives, project stakeholders, and team members for technical exchange and coordination.
- Ability to support integration tasks on-site in Shawnee, KS as required (up to 25% travel)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related scientific/technical discipline is required with 8 – 12 years of professional experience. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Industrial-automation / mechanical engineering, problem management, and performance management experience.
- Knowledge of implementing, administering, performing testing, and analyzing electro-mechanical systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, team building and collaboration skills.
- Strong qualitative skills and quantitative skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to operate in a multi-tasking environment.
- Work well under pressure
- Pharmaceutical distribution systems and requirements under FDA regulations
- Electro-mechanical systems experience, programmable industrial controls, PLCs, process control
- Experience in formal testing and documentation for electro-mechanical systems to include functional testing, integration testing, certification and accreditation testing, limited stress testing, and large scale stress testing.
- Computer networks, TCP/IP, serial port connections
- Experience with Verification and Validation
- Knowledge of IQ/OQ/PQ
- Experience supporting VA, DoD, or other Federal customer environments.
- Experience with Department of Veterans Affairs within the last two years, to include previous possess of VA PIV card and VA network access
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.