Leidos Military & Veterans Health Solutions currently has an opening for a Senior Test Engineer to work remotely from their home office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Leidos mission. In this mission, we are implementing an Automated Prescription Fulfillment System (APFS) for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) at a new Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy (CMOP) facility in Shawnee, KS, to replace the legacy system currently operating in Leavenworth, KS.
As prime contractor, Leidos is working with subcontractor companies to implement (deliver and integrate) a complex, integrated system-of-systems that performs very high-speed (10,000 scripts per hour) prescription filling while meeting all system requirements.
The Senior Test Engineer will work with subcontractor companies as well as Leidos systems engineers, integration engineers, and test engineers to verify and ensure traceability from detailed test plans and procedures back to requirements. The Senior Test Engineer will work with team as well as suppliers to create test plans and procedures that demonstrate validation of system requirements to VA.
The Senior Test Engineer must have experience in creating and implementing complex detailed test plans to ensure requirements traceability which lead to a favorable customer acceptance of delivered equipment and integrated systems. The Senior Test Engineer will be responsible for evaluation of test plans put forth by suppliers and working with suppliers to bring test plans and procedures to a level expected by VA.
Suitable candidate must have experience in resolving project problems and take corrective action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve results with regard to test mission.
The Senior Test Engineer’s primary duties include:
- Work with other team members and suppliers to create the testing structure, test plans, and work with customer as needed to ensure acceptance tests pass (manual and automated).
- Coordinate with Requirements Manager to align testing priorities with the business needs and confirmed requirements.
- Coordinate Testing with Product Owners
- Determine if business functions are appropriate for test automation.
- Align testing priorities with the business needs
- Create, work with suppliers, maintain test scripts and environment within the testing framework (manual and automated)
- Manage the defect database under the guidance of senior QA engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Engineering, Computer Science, or related scientific/technical discipline is required with 8 – 12 years of professional experience. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience working with suppliers, end users and organizations to create test plans and test scripts.
- Experience coordinating with test sites and other team participants to plan test events.
- Experience in writing or assisting in the development of test plans, test procedures, test scripts.
- Experience creating test reports and tracking problems and reports on identified errors.
- Comprehensive technical expertise on IT products, operating systems, software, hardware, systems and networks, and specialized environments Experience with configuring necessary hardware and operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing.
- Thorough knowledge of test process, test procedures, test infrastructures
- Ability to perform different types of testing such as manual, automated, and regression testing
- Strong understanding of SDLC and best practices for quality assurance testing in software and hardware systems
- Understanding of standard Change Management process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong qualitative skills and quantitative skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task
- Work well under pressure
- Pharmaceutical distribution systems and requirements under FDA regulations
- Electro-mechanical systems experience, programmable industrial controls, PLCs, process control
- Computer networks, TCP/IP, serial port connections
- Experience with Verification and Validation
- Knowledge of IQ/OQ/PQ
- Knowledge of EngineeringEdge NextGen
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Experience performing system testing in hardware and software systems / industrial systems.
- Experience supporting VA, DoD, or other Federal customer environments.
- Experience with Department of Veterans Affairs within the last two years, to include previous possess of VA PIV card and VA network access
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.