Leidos Military & Veterans Health Solutions currently has an opening for a Mechanical Engineer to work remotely from a home office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Leidos mission. In this mission, we are implementing an Automated Prescription Fulfillment System (APFS) for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) at a new Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy (CMOP) facility in Shawnee, KS, to replace the legacy system currently operating in Leavenworth, KS.
As prime contractor, Leidos is working with subcontractor companies to implement (deliver and integrate) a complex, integrated system-of-systems that performs very high-speed (10,000 scripts per hour) prescription filling while meeting all system requirements.
The Mechanical Engineer will work with subcontractor companies as well as Leidos systems engineers, integration engineers, and test engineers to design, develop / manufacture / configure, deliver, integrate, and test the APFS and its ancillary systems (power, air compressors, uninterruptible power supply) from subcontractor facilities to site arrival; site installation, integration, and test; system Go-Live and transition to VA for production operations.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for providing technical expertise and technical assessment in support of mechanical design for APFS ancillary systems and supporting equipment; pharmacy automation equipment and infrastructure; and interfaces with between hardware and software systems at the new CMOP site. The Mechanical Engineer will work with subcontractor company engineers on interface definition, development, delivery, and documentation, and evaluate interface design documentation for hardware systems, to include power distribution systems, compressed air systems, and uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems.
The Mechanical Engineer’s primary duties include:
- Serve as primary point of contact for the Leidos team with the VA CMOP Engineering team for site preparation activities and other facility-related projects
- Provide technical inputs to mechanical designs, development, and implementation during all phases of the project
- Analyze, review, and approve technical designs, specifications, plans, schedules, and technical manuals and documentation from subcontractor companies.
- Work with subcontractor companies to develop electro-mechanical test plans, test procedures, and test reports for APFS ancillary systems.
- Review and approve deviation request and non-conformance reports and prepare Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs)
- Support assessment and collaborative resolution of complex cross-functional technical issues amongst multiple diverse stakeholders.
- Maintain current data, provide status on technical and schedule performance issues.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural Engineering or related scientific/technical discipline is required with 8 – 12 years of professional experience. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Industrial-automation / mechanical engineering, problem management, and performance management experience.
- Previous experience working with power distribution systems, uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems, and compressed air systems.
- Familiarity with regulations, codes and standards to include OSHA, NIOSH, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), and Underwriters Laboratories (UL) 544 and 1950.
- Experience in Systems Engineering processes and procedures
- Understanding of standard Change Management process
- Proficiency in software programs such as AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook
- Excellent communications skills to interface with customers and peers
- Excellent analytical, technical, and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple actions at any given time
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Work well under pressure
- Electro-mechanical systems experience, programmable industrial controls, PLCs, process control
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical distribution systems and requirements under FDA regulations
- Familiarity with regulations, codes and standards to include United States Pharmacopeia (USP), Medical Device Amendments of 1976, and Safe Medical Device Amendments of 1998.
- Working knowledge of NFPA standards
- Project management experience with multifunctional responsibilities
- Experience with complex systems development and integration
- Experience/domain knowledge of requirements, verification and validation
- Experience with IQ/OQ/PQ
- Experience supporting VA, DoD, or other Federal customer environments.
- Experience with Department of Veterans Affairs within the last two years, to include previous possess of VA PIV card and VA network access
- Knowledge of Leidos EngineeringEdge NextGen
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Mechanical Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.