Leidos is excited to announce several opportunities on our Technology Innovation and Material Management team in our Springfield, VA location!
We are seeking sharp, willing to learn, attention-to-detail, fun people of all levels that enjoy working on a team and want a great job with an outstanding company. You won’t regret a career at Leidos!! And the best part? If you are not a procurement professional now, we will train you to be one!!!
All candidates for consideration MUST possess a TS/SCI Polygraph to be considered.
A little information about the work~
These roles are responsible for supporting material acquisition planning in the Leidos Intelligence Business Line to generate material requirements and provide the necessary support of acquisition plans from start to finish.
Those selected for a position will interface with Vendors, Logistics, Receiving, and Strategic Sourcing to ensure program milestones are met.
The overarching focus of the department and positions:
• Works with Program team to ensure a streamlined procurement process of products against program requirements to include using a credit card for micro purchases.
• Works with programs in generating material requirements and providing the necessary support of acquisition plans from start to finish.
• Maintains reports and monitors material movement throughout manufacturing and inventory sequences.
• Coordinates forecasts, workload, expediting, and acquisition priority with commodity/category team leadership.
• Provides advice to programs as to proper routes to take that will be to the greatest benefit of the program.
• Analyzes material requirements for leveraging opportunities, supplier recommendations, acquisition planning
• Engages supply chain (vendor to manufacturing) to determine optimal acquisition strategy.
• Manages production and delivery schedules.
General Requirements and traits, skills, or experience we are looking for ~
Ideal candidates will have some experience or exposure to logistics, asset management, supply chain, procurement, administrative assistant, security, data management, or a military background. We will consider a combination of experience in one of the above areas and a high school diploma or equivalent. Most importantly, we need people that want to learn with a desire for success and recognition for a job well done!!!
All candidates for consideration MUST possess a Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph for consideration. This requires US Citizenship.
The following attributes will support your success in the role:
• Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Good organization and communication skills
• Intermediate Excel experience (Pivot Tables, Charts, v-Lookups, Bar Charts)
A plus, but not necessary for consideration:
• Experience using IBM Maximo and Deltek Costpoint
• MRP knowledge or experience
• Knowledge and experience in Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.