Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking an Senior Network Engineer on the NOAA Cyber Security Center and Department of Commerce ESOC contract. the NOAA Cyber Security Center is seeking qualified Network Engineers to provide operations and engineering support for a growing program in Fairmont, WV.
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for overall network engineering support for a broad range of programs including planning, designing, and evaluating various components of the network. Duties may include providing specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities, and performing needs assessments. Support level duties may include monitoring, installation, modification, testing and servicing of network equipment.
- Requires a technical BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Senior Level Network and Firewall Administration/Engineer knowledge (Fortinet, Juniper, Palo Alto, Cisco, etc.)
- Must have network and firewall engineering experience with designing, implementation, and maintaining Layer 2 and 3 networking devices and/or firewall devices such as Juniper, Dell, Cisco, Fortinet, or Palo Alto
- Working knowledge of network features and protocols
- Knowledge of Carrier Services
- System/Network Monitoring experience
- Have strong communication skills
- Knowledge of management of classified systems and the required security guidelines associated with secure facilities
- Experience with Information Assurance (IA) hardening and compliance (STIG, CIS, DSS compliance, documentation, etc.)
- Active Secret clearance and ability to obtain Top Secret clearance
- Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) experience (Fortinet, Palo Alto, etc)
- Network Terminal Access Point (TAP) experience (Gigamon, Ixia)
- Provided direct support to a Security Operation Center environment
- Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) experience
- IDP/IPS/DPI experience (Host Based/Network Based/NGFW)
- Network Certifications
- Cisco (CCNA or higher)
- Juniper (JNCIS-SP or higher)
- Fortinet (FCNSA or higher)
- Palo Alto (PCNSA or higher)
- Knowledge of networking infrastructure suppliers and service offerings including; Cisco, Fortigate, Force10, Dell PowerConnect, F5 Networks, Juniper, Checkpoint, Palo Alto
- Familiarity with task automation
- Familiarity in remote administration (SCCM, SSLVPN, SSH, Remote Desktop)
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other system administrators, system engineers, and network engineers in a team environment
- Fairmont, WV
- Remote Telework Possibilities
- Occasional travel is required (less than 10%)
Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and have at a minimum a Secret clearance or be able to obtain clearance before starting position
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.