The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) Group currently has an exciting opening for a Systems/Platform Security Engineer to work in our San Diego, CA offices. This opportunity focuses on creating and testing tools to harden, maintain, and verify Operating Systems configurations in high security environments. This position is ideal for candidates with a firm understanding of the inner workings of RedHat Enterprise Linux and/or Windows systems, advanced shell scripting, automation, and security.
• Develop technical solutions from requirements
• Determine tests to verify solutions are implemented
• Write code to perform tests, implement and remove configuration using the DRY principle and best practices
• Create and maintain high quality documentation
• Test solutions and validate documentation written by other team members
• Influence your team regarding solutions, process and methods
• Integrate security solutions to a build environment to automate deployments
• Build, maintain, and update tools for automated build and software installation
• Proficiency in System Administration
• Deep understanding of Windows and/or Linux Operating System security concepts
• Firm understanding of software development and delivery lifecycle
• Professional experience developing software
• Must have advanced shell scripting in Bash and/or PowerShell
• Bachelors’ Degree and 4 to 8 years of relevant experience or 4 additional years in lieu of a degree
• DSC and Pester
• Advanced Operating System Certifications
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.