Leidos is seeking an Engineering & Technology Manager on the ESA V program. ESA V is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, data storage, virtualization, and video conferencing, among other engineering expertise.
The Engineering & Technology Manager will be a senior leader in the organization, and will be assigned as the primary individual responsible for technical performance for one of ESA V’s customers: the Antitrust Division (ATR) of the Department of Justice. The individual selected for this position should have a broad technical and leadership background spanning many of the technical areas supported by the program, as well as the ability to dive into deeper technical issues as required. The candidate should have the ability to multitask and juggle numerous priorities. The ability to clearly articulate messages for a variety of audiences, both through written and verbal means, will be a critical skill necessary for success in this position.
The Engineering & Technology Manager will be the single voice of the Leidos team to the customer for technical matters. ATR has a number of key technical initiatives planned, including a cloud migration, and strong technical leadership is essential.
This position will be based at the customer’s site in Northwest Washington, DC.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Ensuring that the team provides superior technical services to the ATR customer.
- Services should be provided in accordance with the ITIL framework, so the Technology Manager will work with the engineers to ensure services are designed correctly, with the operations team to ensure they are operated correctly, and with the project management team to ensure services are transitioned cleanly from development into production.
- Engage regularly with ATR staff to update and perform to technical roadmaps and innovations in alignment with government objectives, and then drive the team to achieve the goals set forth in the technical roadmaps.
- Be on site with the customer; lead and guide the team of technical staff in delivering IT services.
- Support proposals and other new business activities.
- The Engineering & Technology Manager will have managerial responsibilities to include supervising staff and/or subordinate managers, schedule performance of tasks and CLINs, providing detailed and accurate status reports to the customer and to program management, and being accountable for meeting orders and sales commitments to the business area.
- Provide technical leadership and management to the broader End User Management team for various ESA V customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with 12+ years of prior relevant experience; or a Master’s degree with 10+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Technical and management expertise related to some/all of the following disciplines:
- Windows Server Administration (Physical/Virtual)
- Linux Server Administration
- Data Storage (NetApp/EMC)
- Network Engineering (Cisco)
- Oracle and SQL Server Database Administration
- Windows Desktop engineering
- Asset Management
- Data Center Engineering
- Engineering / Technology Engineering Projects
- Able to manage, execute and adhere to schedules and costs for defined projects
- Lead a team of technical engineering team members
- Resolve complex issues and escalations from Operations
- Process oriented and continued improvements
- Innovation and automation experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask and function in a quick-paced environment
- Customer relationship building
- Required Clearance: Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required, but selected individual cannot start the assignment until the required security clearance is granted by the customer.
- Past experience with the Department of Justice
- ITIL Foundations
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.