Leidos is excited about our continued work with a Federal law enforcement agency. We are seeking a full lifecycle Web Developer / Designer in Fairfax, VA, to support a greenfield application development effort as well as operations and maintenance support of a variety of DoJ applications. In addition to technical skills candidates must be well versed in current technology trends such as SecDevOps, containerization, microservice architecture (Micro UI), cloud technologies and agile development. Further successful candidates should feel comfortable working on both Linux and Windows development environments. Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills as well as documentation skills and perform with minimal supervision.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Interface with team leads, project managers and customers to solicit and document user interface requirements.
- Develop effective user interface prototypes using industry standard software, creating functional wireframes and operational mockup screens.
- Develop and unit test user interface components using test driven development principals.
- Work on organizing components into epics, user stories and tasks with the ability to deliver independent small modules.
- Maintain deliverable schedules.
- Generate operational and system design documentation.
- Generate weekly status reports.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field form and accredited university.
- 5+ years overall experience in designing and developing 508 compliant web interface applications.
- 5+ years’ experience in web development using high level languages such as Java, Java Script, NodeJS,
- 5+ years’ experience in framework development using one or more AngularJS, ReactJS, VueJS.
- 5+ years’ experience with HTML/CSS design.
- Experience in REST API, and JWT Token exchange
- Ability to work with version control systems such as MS Team Foundation Server (TFS) or Git.
- Knowledge of graphic design prototyping tools.
- Experience with responsive design
- Experience with agile development methodologies as well as micro UI development.
- Experience working with government as a federal IT contractor
- Good understanding of Federal security frameworks such as FISMA, NIST, STIG, ATO
- Understand of Node.js based tooling like NPM, ExpressJS, etc.
Candidates must possess an active Secret Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.