NASA End Users Services and Technologies (NEST) is seeking customer experience driven personality to join our Marketing & Outreach team as an Instructional Designer. This educator role will support and relay information technology (IT) initiatives to our customer and our internal program team. This position requires an individual with technical IT experience coupled with a strong story-telling ability to help us deliver creative training material to drive the adoption of technology changes at the Agency. This position will support communication and outreach initiatives for NEST delivering training and campaign messages through a variety of different mediums such as video, web, graphic design and instructor led (live & virtual) training.
The Instructional Designer will be asked to collaborate on diverse outreach efforts and therefore graphic and web skills are highly desirable. The position will work closely alongside our close-knit marketing and communications team to deliver effective, aesthetic, on-brand, and on-strategy creative designs campaigns for print and digital, which may include: websites (SharePoint Online), videos, 3D graphics, infographics, whitepapers, brochures, signage, presentations, emails, social media graphics, banner ads, and more. Join us at NEST where the sky is NOT the limit!
• Designs and develops interactive courseware for customer training.
• Designs short (less than 5 minutes) user-friendly video clips that provide an overview of the material
• Determines appropriate vehicles and delivery channels to achieve desired performance (instructor-led, computer-based training courses, virtual web-based programs, blended solutions, job aids, or other performance interventions).
• Designs and develops curriculum, total course materials for participants and facilitators including instruction, exercises, evaluations, activities, job aids and all other required materials, in accordance with departmental and business needs/requirements.
• Ensures integrity of task analysis, training requirements, training hierarchies, 508 compliant instructional materials, and evaluation plans.
• Converts written materials and/or training requirements to interactive courseware.
• Plans and storyboards multimedia.
• Develops educational multimedia, using tools such as Captivate, Camtasia, Dreamweaver, Articulate Studio, or Raptivity.
• Designs instructionally sound lessons in a variety of delivery media.
• Interacts with customer and subject matter experts to ensure technical accuracy of instructional content.
• Evaluates materials during development for instructional alignment and appropriate styles, standards, and specifications.
• Provide subject matter expertise to analyze and evaluate Enterprise IT training approaches, methodology, techniques, and products to help ensure their effectiveness and efficiency in selection of new and potentially non-traditional technologies, processes and procedures to produce and deliver mission support training material
• Ability to prioritize workload, complete reporting/administrative tasks
• Proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint Online, Office 365
• Supports communication and outreach with diverse projects and as such as requires assorted skillsets such as graphics and web ability. Desired experience/familiarity working with Adobe Creative suite (such as Photoshop and InDesign) & latest video editing software, as well as PowerPoint and MS Word
• Requires proven interpersonal and communication skills to work with customer, key stakeholders, executive decision makers, manager and peers.
• This person must be a charismatic motivator and an effective communicator with a creative and collaborative mindset to be successful.
• This person must also be patient and adaptable to change, remain, organized, consistent, and creative.
• This educator also needs to be self-motivated and driven to manage their time while having a remote reporting structure and geographically dispersed customer base.
• Required advanced experience in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PPT) and Adobe Creative suite
• Applicant shall have technical training development, review, and conduct experience with end user IT applications, solutions, and services.
• Experience with video, web and graphic design
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Tequires a BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Curriculum Developer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.