Leidos has a career opportunity for a F5 BIG-IP Systems Engineer based in Stuttgart, Germany, with required OCONUS travel.
- Perform data center infrastructure network engineering and design on a geographically dispersed enterprise network.
- Provide engineering efforts in the lifecycle of projects to include documentation, design, build, integrate, transition, implementation, test, and training for transitioned to IT Operations Management.
- Analyze and provide recommendations for hardware and software life cycle and standardization for the enterprise and recommend best-practice solutions for datacenter and virtual infrastructure technologies.
- Work with other Network and Systems Engineers to configure and maintain F5 BIG-IP systems in a multi-enclave environment.
- The F5 BIG-IP supports a DMZ by providing a secure gateway through route domains, F5 firewall, F5 application firewall, Sec-DNS for global load balancing through F5s access control lists.
- Guide the configuration and expansion of the F5 infrastructure.
- Provide ongoing network support, address availability issues, and tune performance of F5 appliances and the F5 BIG-IP infrastructure.
- Contribute to the design, planning, and implementation of F5 appliances.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in supporting F5 load balancers.
- Respond to break-fix incident requests for F5 related issues, and coordinate with systems and network admins to eliminate F5s as a potential culprit in break-fix incident requests.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products, solutions and ideas in a business-like manner and be experienced in interfacing with customers, client managers and system users.
- Work in dynamic fast paced environment that requires team interaction and coordination of efforts including remote site support and/or travel to customer servers and sites as required.
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years relevant experience; additional relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience supporting F5 appliances in a large enterprise IT environment.
- Must have DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (Sec+) prior to start.
- Must have Cisco Data Center Certification (CCNA or CCNP).
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance and be able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
- ITIL v3 or v4 – Foundation.
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs.
- Experience with DoD IT security requirements.
- Experience in the evaluation and integration of new technologies into existing environments.
- Demonstrated background troubleshooting complex IT issue.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.