The Defense Group at Leidos has a contingent openings for an ECP (Entry Control Point) Field Service Technicians to work in Afghanistan. This role is in support of the Integrated Base Defense Contract Sustainment Support (IBD-SS) program.
The Entry Control Point (ECP) Field Service Technician (FST) will be in charge of installs, repairs, maintenance and de-installs the equipment that enhances base protective posture, assesses threats, denies enemy access and provides standoff by controlling vehicle and personnel access through a system of systems approach. The successful ECP FST has a working knowledge of the Integrated Base Defense System of Systems and the ECP role in protecting and enhancing Force Protection capability against Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Devices (VBIED), Personnel Borne Improvised Explosive Devices (PBIED), Chemical, Direct and Indirect Fire threats at Entry Control Points to Forward Operating Bases (FOB).
- Responsible for preventive and corrective maintenance on ECP Hardware and Software systems.
- Interface directly with original equipment manufacturers for external support or maintenance actions that exceed contractor capabilities.
- Execute master work schedules and provide direct input into an automated logistics management system for work performed, work to be performed, and all equipment technical data as required.
- Conduct equipment shelf life management, configuration management of software and hardware, and calibrations.
- Interface with training staff as necessary to facilitate equipment maintenance training to program stakeholders.
- Research and gather relevant project data, contribute to the development of technical documentation and equipment readiness reports, respond to customer inquiries, and verify product technical quality.
- Performs analysis of system operations.
- Responsible for assisting in tracking assigned maintenance activities and keeping the journeyman-level FSTs appraised of progress and issues.
- Will ensure all intervals of preventive maintenance are completed as scheduled and all corrective maintenance issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Enters all maintenance actions into the applicable work order tracking systems and works closely with the logistics support personnel for tool, consumable, or replacement part requisitioning.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Interface with military units and conduct scheduled and unscheduled maintenance site visits.
- Use an automated logistics management system to generate, track, update, and close out maintenance work orders, provide reporting as required, and maintain accountability of property.
- Load and unload trucks, receive materials, wrap, label, and ship equipment and supplies.
- Complete inspections of unit equipment and open and track work orders.
- Ensure compliance with all hazardous material regulations.
- Travel to military sites and conduct preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Conduct equipment inventories.
- Complete all required training and maintain certifications
- Active Secret security clearance required.
- Associate’s degree or 2 yrs tech school & 3+ years experience, or 6 yrs in lieu of degree.
- Must have the ability to perform routine system maintenance and computer system administrative functions.
- Has knowledge of, and is capable of using, operating systems and database management systems.
- Must have experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of computer systems and individual peripheral devices.
- Must be available for assignment to various CONUS/OCONUS sites for extended terms.
- Relevant and recent BETSS-C systems training and maintenance experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:24/7 12 Hour Shift Pattern
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.