The Leidos NISC IV team is seeking a Financial Analyst to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team. The candidate will support Aviation Property Management (APM) in compiling and reviewing budgets, obligation, and spending data using actual performance, previous budget figures, funding allocations, expense reports, and other data sources to track program funds and provide for proper financial administration.
The candidate will reconcile data between project authorizations and purchase requests. The candidate will perform multiple financial analyses functions, including cost allocation, setting up cost control and reporting systems, collecting data, controlling costs, and preparing reports that maintain and track the APM-200 financials. The candidate will ensure that costs are allocated according to established procedures. The candidate will apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports and briefings to management. The candidate will maintain or oversee the control of accounts and financial data in such areas as funding allocation, project authorization, and purchase orders. The candidate will provide support to the FAA Program Manager at FAA Headquarters. The candidate will prepare/assist in the preparation of regular financial reports and/or responses to the FAA Program Office and Office of Budget and National Airspace System (NAS) Program Management Service regarding financial requirements and inquiries.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or related area and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience of experience in a financial analysis/business operations role
- Advanced MS Office skills (especially Excel Macros/VBA and Pivot tables), as well as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience working independently with minimal guidance
- Deep analytical skills to understand complex financial or procedural problems, identify root causes, and provide solutions
- Experience summarizing results and producing management reports to present to customers and management team
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment
- Exceptional attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Demonstrable accounting, budgeting and financial analysis, reporting, and management skills
- Independent worker, and able to deliver with minimal or no supervision
- Able to address different stakeholder requirements
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills. Great organization skills to prioritize, follow up, deliver, and communicate status of assigned actions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
- Prior FAA experience.
- Experience working with various FAA tools including: RETS, REMS and PRISM.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Financial Planning and Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.