Performs network management from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing networks; Analyzes design, specifications, and related documents; Implements communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of a software engineering environment; Analyzes network characteristics (e.g. traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughput), troubleshoots problems and recommends procurement of and/or modifications to network components.
Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline and ten (10) years of experience as a Network Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity. In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, four (4) additional years of experience in Network Engineering disciplines with a high school diploma. Certification in routing such as a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or higher. Shall have "Security+" related certification. CWIP Yrs Experience: IAT 3+ Recommended CWIP Level: IAT 2
The Level 2 Network Engineer shall possess the following capabilities:
- Execute test plans of module, unit, subsystem, and systems.
- Install and configure new network and telecommunications systems hardware and software.
- Determine compliance and accreditation of network and telecommunications systems.
- Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain VoIP phone systems, including phone units, voicemail, and call manager systems.
- Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain Plain Old Telephone (POTs) phone systems, including phone units, voicemail, switches, infrastructure and related telecommunications trunk circuits.
- Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain Video Teleconference (VTC) systems and video recording/viewing/distribution systems.
- Apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Monitor network and telecommunications system performance and respond to anomalies and issues according to documented procedures.
- Build, test, deploy, and ship network and telecommunications systems.
- Assist with network and telecommunications activities being executed by higher level Network Engineers
- Identify and document workaround solutions for network and telecommunications systems incidents.
- Identify, design, test, deploy, and document solutions for network and telecommunications problems.
- Design, test, verify, and document network system backup methods and procedures.
- Design, build, integrate, test, document and deploy network and telecommunications systems for deployment
- Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) TDMA IP-based satellite systems.
- Conduct Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) session performance analysis and problem isolation.
- Assess, evaluate, test, and apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes; verify and document methods and procedures to apply them.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.