The EW Division of Leidos is seeking an RF Hardware Engineer to work with a multi-disciplined design team (electrical engineers, systems engineers, scientists, etc) and will be involved in the design and development of innovative sensor systems. You will work in a small group to develop RF front end systems and assist in performing systems engineering functions such as architecture trade studies and developing design concepts. Candidate will have a strong background in RF hardware design, test and measurement in support of a fast paced, multi-disciplinary design team.
• Support, design, develop and test RF hardware (DC-40GHz) as part of a highly complex integrated sensor solution.
• Generate low level front end specifications based on overarching system requirements.
• Collaborate with a multi-disciplined design team (electrical engineers, systems engineers, software engineers, signal processing engineers and scientists) to implement innovative solutions for RF sensor system development
• Analyze schematic diagrams for either custom or commercial-off-the shelf (COTS) electronic hardware involving high-speed digital and/or analog circuitry.
• Develop and maintain requirements documents, functional specification documents, interface control documents, engineering wiring diagrams etc.
• Develop project test plans and test procedures, provide test planning support, and assist in the execution of both lab testing and field testing.
• Provide occasional technical support and/or field support planning, and other field support in general if needed.
• Work on problems of diverse scope, determining methods and procedures to be used on new assignments, and providing feedback and recommendations to other technical personnel.
• Interact with outside customers, suppliers, and functional peer groups.
• Some travel and work at remote sites for limited time periods may be occasionally required.
• Provide status reports to project managers and/or division production manager as required.
• Modelling and simulation of RF circuits using CAD tools such as Spice
• Experience using standard lab equipment such as an oscilloscope, signal generator, spectrum analyzer, power supplies etc
• Demonstrated RF design experience with circuits cards for receivers, transmitters
• Understanding and demonstrated implementation of RF cascade analysis to be able to trade gain, noise figure and linearity as part of system design.
• Experience in RF theory and the ability to apply theoretical knowledge in resolving real world problems
• Knowledge in the areas of performance characteristics of analog data converters, ADCs/DACs and how they interface with the RF front end
• Proficiency in general computer skills such as Microsoft office Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• BS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or related degree
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
• Existing Secret (or above) Clearance
• MS in Electrical Engineering or related
• Experience with hardware integration, test and debug tools (high-speed logic analyzers, scopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.)
• Familiarity with Electronic Warfare applications and systems
• Familiarity with hardware descriptor languages, HDL (VHDL, Verilog).
• Experience with high-speed (> GHz) design techniques
• Experience with MATLAB signal processing environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Existing Secret (or above) Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.