The Dynetics (LInC) Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Information System Security Manager (ISSM) to work in our Orlando, FL office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience assisting contract(s) mission, as well as acting as secondary support for minor physical security tasking at the facility. This position will support program(s) and project(s) housed at that location. The ISSM will establish and document standard security procedures in accordance with the NIST RMF and DAAPM requirements. The ISSM will coordinate with business area managers /professional staff on system security compliance. The ISSM will be responsible for maintaining RMF Information System ATOs. They will conduct periodic reviews to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures. This will include, but not be limited to ensuring that all software, hardware and firmware changes recorded as required by established configuration management procedures. The ISSM will ensure implementation of security features for the detection of malicious code, viruses, and intruders (hackers), as appropriate. Ensure systems are operated, maintained and disposed of in accordance with applicable governing policies and procedures. Assist in performing IS security briefings to authorized individuals prior to those users gaining access classified information systems. Report all security incidents to the ISSO and FSO, and be required to investigate, document and report, as well as provide protective and corrective measures in response to such incidents. In addition, the ISSM will also handle minor physical security tasking for onsite personnel, such as badge accesses, alarm response, and other duties as assigned.
- Ensure system support needs are met for certification & accreditation, system implementation, operation & maintenance, and IA compliance.
- Engineer, implement, and enforce technical and administrative security measures and processes to ensure all system achieve and maintain government compliance with directives outline in the JSIG, DAAPM, ICD 503, DODIIS, and NISPOM.
- Responsible for maintaining System Security Plans (SSP) and all documentation associated with Federal Information System Management Act
- Assist with providing security solutions to optimize performance and ensure security measures are optimized.
- Install, configure and maintain network equipment such as switches, end point protection, patches, firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Support the Information Systems accreditation and authorization process as needed.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining security policies and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring proper protection or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered.
- Responsible for responding to security incidents and for investigating and reporting security violations and incidents, as appropriate.
- Assist with maintaining the information security education program, including leading training as required.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Bachelor's degree and 4 – 8 years related experience in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field or a Master’s with 2 – 4 years of related experience. Additional relevant experience, training, and / or certification may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Strong experience with Information Security, supporting processes and procedures.
- Candidates must have an active Secret clearance.
- Candidates must be able to obtain IAM Level I or IAT Level II certification within 6 months of hire.
- Highly desired are security certifications including a CISSP or CISM.
- Additional desired certifications include CCNA, CCSP, MCSE, and/or SANS GIAC.
- Experience with Windows and Linux.
- Has an active Top Secret clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.