Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The Security Detection & Automation (SD&A) business unit currently has an opening for a Field Operations Technician to support ongoing VACIS Installation and product delivery activities.
Responsible for leading and managing a team of talented installers. Work as part of a dynamic and passionate team to maximize capacity, efficiency and profitability. Manage staff to accomplish the highest quality of installations. Position will require regular interaction with both internal and external stakeholders to meet specific product requirements, schedule and cost objectives.
Position includes delivery of the product to the field and ongoing product sustaining efforts to support long-term maintenance.
Specific activities shall include:
- Review and approve timesheets to insure proper charge number allocations.
- Set expectations for each installation, including safety and code requirements.
- Monitor performance of installers and advise them on how to improve.
- Promote enthusiasm and brand loyalty during team meetings.
- Assist with creating and review of test plans.
- Make sure diagram and procedures are current for proper execution of the work.
- Manage and maintain Installer’s schedule
- Serve as single POC for Project Managers to get required resources for a Job.
- Prepare documentation for the correct and safe procedure for assembly and disassembly of VACIS equipment.
- Handle installer’s performance reviews
- Ability to pass TSA suitability background check
- Bachelor's degree or higher in technical or management field.
- Possess 4+ years of experience working on projects/programs with at least 2 years serving successfully in positions of major responsibilities such as Product Support Manager, Install or Field Service Manager.
- Good presentation skills; able to convey confident and decisive messages.
- Multi tasker who enjoys working in the field with diverse teams on varied projects
- Detail oriented and highly organized with exceptional follow-through abilities.
- Familiar with government and commercial fixed-price contracts.
- Coordination of product support.
- Bilingual language skills (Spanish) a plus.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers.
The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.