The Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Operation is hiring a Junior Network Administrator and Documentation Specialist to support the National Air and Space Intelligence Center at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.
An active TS/SCI is required. A work is onsite.
- Document network, systems, storage, and other networked equipment while meeting applicable government standards to include network segments, port assignment, WAN configuration, VLAN, patch panel, etc.), routers, switches, firewalls connecting the various segments, servers, gateways, and other major pieces of networking hardware
- Verify documentation is accurate with network engineers internal and external to customer
- Coordinate with facilities personnel to capture power, cooling, etc. that pertains to the system. Rack elevations shall identify power consumption and power capacity
- Provide weekly status reports upon request that details all documents created, reviewed, in-progress, maintained, updated, and archived
- Document data flows of all data coming in and out of system to include source, destination, types of data, sizes, mission area, customers, etc.
- Document revision control labeling consistent with existing documentation
- Ensure consistent labeling and keys are represented in documentation
- Document network diagrams, wiring diagrams, network topologies, and rack elevations with appropriate layering to all allow quick access
- Document the host's name, its IP addresses, and role (e.g. DNS, DHCP, mail server, etc.), hardware components for servers (e.g. GPUs), make, model, serial number, asset tag, location (room, rack, etc.)
- Record mission-critical applications/services, configuration of network services (DNS, DHCP, NFS, Web, etc.), OS, disk layout, server criticality (critical, essential, other, etc.)
- Record circuits connected to network infrastructure to include circuit type, circuit ID, bandwidth, WAN type, termination equipment, who owns the circuit, contact information, any additional information pertinent to the circuit
- Convert CAD network layers to DWG TrueView web compatible images
- Create and maintain a change log for each network documentation piece
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II (e.g., Security+) certification
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) with at least 1.5 years of work experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic understanding of networks, storage, and data flows
- Experience providing basic network administration
- Recent and relevant expertise in CAD design for network documentation that includes network diagrams, rack elevations, flow diagrams, etc.
- Experience with MS Visio
- Experience with CAD tools
- Experience converting CAD network layers to DWG TrueView web compatible images
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.