The GSA DIGIT program provides modernization of Infrastructure Technology for the Digital Innovation of General Services Administration (GSA).
This position is a 100% telework opportunity and we are seeking candidates from across the contiguous United States.
The Leidos Partnership for General Services Administration (GSA) is seeking candidates for a Telecommunication Engineering Specialist role to design or configure voice, video, and data communications systems. Supervise installation and post-installation service and maintenance to support complex large systems for the GSA DIGIT program
- Design or configure voice, video, and data communications systems. Supervise installation and post-installation service and maintenance.
- Provide operational support for all network components and conducts problem determinations, escalations and provides problem resolution.
- Troubleshoot, repair and test computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, network switches, routers, telecommunication and teleconferencing equipment.
- Install and configure computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, network switches, routers, telecommunication and teleconferencing equipment and associated cabling.
- Maintain government and/or vendor-manufactured telecommunications equipment.
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Apply and identify best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Understanding of basic telecommunications and information technology terms and technology.
- Experience with Agile development practices.
- Experience in the software development lifecycle, with experience delivering within DevOps toolsets/practices.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Candidate must have BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related field with 4 years of prior relevant experience or Master's with 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Google Cloud Professional Collaboration Engineer certification
- Any one of the below certifications:
- Cisco network
- Microsoft network
- Experience in Agile development.
- Experience in DevOps environment.
- Candidate must be US Citizen.
This role is covered by the Service Contract Act.
The minimum rate for this role is $35.70 per hour based in the Washington D.C. area.
The actual rate may change based on work location.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Telecommunications Mechanics
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.