Join a team working on the cutting edge of innovation in AIOps and Cyber AI! You will work on building, maintaining and extending large streaming data architectures. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, testing and deploying architectural components and code modules that bring AI and ML to high-impact programs and customers. To achieve these goals, you will work in agile, collaborative, distributed teams throughout the project lifecycle. You will support your team and stakeholders in estimating work, delivering the sprint backlog and minimizing tech debt working in the comfort of your own home.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
- Work with, architect and configure various data processing, storage and transformation tools such as Kafka, logstash, Elastic Search, NiFi, Neo4J, and others
- Engineer optimal data architectures with Kafka as the message broker
- Size, cnfigure and tune Kafka cluster deployments
- Perform release and sprint planning
- Work on a distributed, high-paced, fast-moving and disciplined agile team
- Ensure functional and non-functional requirements are delivered
This is you:
- BS Degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Engineering, or mathematics ideal) with at least 8 years relevant experience in software development, with Java or Python being a required language
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
- Prior experience with Confluent Kafka, kSQL. In Kafka, you should be familiar with: topics, partitions, hot spots, immutability, ordering guarantees, keys, partitions leadership, replicas, preferred replica, offsets, reset, consumer groups, lag, broker discovery, zero-copy, bi-directional compatibility, retries, idempotence, max in-flights requests, batching strategies, logs, segments, segments indexes, delivery semantics, polling strategies, commits strategies, heartbeats, keyed topics, partitioner, replication factor, compaction, tombstones, compression, retention, advertised listeners, group coordinator, transactions, watermarks
- Prior experience with agile projects and agile development
- Integrating Kafka with other components, tools, etc
- At least one of: Avro, Protobuf, Parquet
- Schema formats, storage, evolution and design
-Prior experience with streaming data architectures and modern development approaches (serverless, containerization, cloud, continuous delivery, micro-services, event based applications)
- Strong software developer and/or data engineering experience
- Ability to lead and mentor other engineers and developers
- Curiosity: you ask why, you explore, you are familiar with latest and greatest open source tools, and always fascinated by what’s possible and what could be better.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and to independently use available resources to close knowledge gaps
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Prior development experience (Java, Python, C++/C, Scala)
- Experience with databases (ideally both sql and no-sql), Elastic Search, Flink, Storm, all a plus
- Prior agile experience or education/training
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.