Leidos has an opening for a Network Support Engineer at Scott Air Force Base, IL.
Our customer, the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA),provides, operates, and assures command and control of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the warfighter, national leaders and other mission and coalition partners across the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. Our Network Operations Center (NOC) team provides 24x7 global DoD information network (DoDIN) operations and incident management support.
- Overall network engineering support for a broad range of programs including planning, designing, programming and evaluating various components of the network.
- Providing specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities, and performing needs assessments.
- Utilize systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software or system functional requirements in support of Defense Information Systems Network resources.
- Design and implement solutions to highly technical problems through testing, documentation, and modification of configuration data on network resources.
- Operate various types of telecommunications test equipment and bit error rate/cell test sets. (ACTERN / FIREBERD / DIGITAL LIGHTWAVE).
- Plan, design, and evaluate various components of the network, recommends and implements new technologies to enhance current and future network capabilities.
- Proactively manage and maintain all network assets. This may include intrusive troubleshooting of wide area networks, servers and routers, local area networks, and switches.
- May install or upgrade software and hardware.
- Provide engineering support and advanced technical operational support to the Defense Information Systems Network by installing and configuring network systems, diagnosing hardware / software faults, solving technical and applications problems, over the phone, in person, or logging into the device.
- Bachelor's degree, preferred, and 4+ yrs of overall related experience; additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or equivalent.
- Network engineering, problem management, and performance management experience.
- Knowledge of implementing, administering, performing testing, and analyzing network systems.
- Understanding of basic telecommunications and information technology terms and technology.
- Experience with network services (BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, WAN, VPN, VLAN, VRF, etc) and network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls).
- Must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- DISA Request Fulfillment process and associate documents (TSRs, TSOs, completion reports) and circulars experience.
- Understanding of Department of Defense, its policies, and hierarchy.
- Understanding DISA organizational structure and how different elements (DITCO, etc.) contribute to fulfilling mission partner TSR requirements.
- Network certifications: Cisco Certifications (CCNA,), Microsoft certifications (MCSE, etc.), security certifications (Security + CE, CISSP, etc.)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.