Under the ITSSC II program, Leidos supports the full range of IT integration services supporting a multi-platform computing environment, including: information systems modernization initiatives, software engineering, project management, infrastructure services, data warehousing, database administration, research, planning, security, federal enterprise architecture initiatives, and all levels of Internet, Intranet and Web portal initiatives and migrating legacy architecture to web-based platforms.
Leidos has an immediate need for a highly motivated .NET Software Developer to provide Agile software development expertise and hands on implementation of the Disability Case Processing System (DCPS) application using the latest open source server side java script technologies on the Node platform and other related open source products. The candidate will be collocated with the SSA government employees and subcontractors at a government facility in Baltimore, Maryland. The candidate must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust.
Specifically the successful candidate will be a member of an Agile Development Team working with other Agile development teams, Testers, Database Engineers, IT Infrastructure & Operations Team and External System Owners to develop the DCPS application using open source technologies and products.
- Experience with developing applications with C#/.NET web and back-end functionality using Microsoft Visual Studio – 5 years.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of .NET framework, Object Oriented programming, WPF, and database connectivity – 5 years.
- Experience with SQL and PL/SQL design and implementation – 3 years.
- Experience with Scrum and Kanban Agile development process and ceremonies including scrums, backlog grooming, retrospectives and demos.
- Complex programming, program debugging, data analysis, problem analysis and resolution of issues.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills in providing technical direction and hands-on software development to include design, development and testing.
- Knowledge and understanding of MVC, Entity Framework, ADO.NET, and WPF.
- Experience with databases including SQL Server or PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Jquery, JSON/XML, Active Directory (group/member management), LDAP
- Knowledge of Visual Studio NuGet package manager and packages
- Experience with VersionOne Application Lifecycle Management Tools
- Experience with Jenkins and Continuous Integration
- Experience with SSRS reports development
- Experience with integration with Microsoft Office tools
- Experience with source code versioning and Pull Requests with Git and Bitbucket
- Experience with IDEs such as VS Code, Sublime and Atom
- Experience with environments utilizing Cloud Technologies such as Amazon Web Services.
Day to Day Duties
- Attend Stand-Up meetings with Product Owner, Scrum Master and developers.
- Design and develop code based upon business requirements, UI/back-end design standards, and common software components.
- Participate in feature grooming sessions to elaborate on requirements and assess level of effort.
- Perform peer reviews of team members’ code to improve quality and standards compliance.
- Implement unit and integration test cases for high percentage of code coverage.
- Resolve build issues, software defects, and production support issues, when necessary.
- Investigate production issues and collaborate with Product Owners and other developers to resolve issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 7 years with IT experience or professional IT certifications.