The Systems Engineer role provides technical expertise, planning design, development, and integration, verification and validations and fielding across an Agile team to ensure system application requirements and user stories are ready for implementation. This role supports software systems development, including documenting system application requirements, system interfaces, and data sources; and, supporting technical planning, development, integration, and verification and validation. This role refines customer roadmaps, enterprise epics, and strategic requirements into detailed requirements and actionable user stories to be delivered by the entire team. This role coordinates with the Scrum Master to prioritize user stories that realize customer requirements. Flexible cross-training to also provide systems engineering, software development, training, security, and testing is also desired.
- Collaboration across multiple agile teams
- Lead technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding
- Evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems; resolve highly complex multi-domain systems issues
- Perform systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance
- Rotate role from O&M to Dev Ops and vice versa as required for Agile processes
- Perform system prototyping of features through hands-on design and development implementation tasks
- Perform automation tasks through scripting and testing
- Work closely with developers and infrastructure team to document user story backlog in provided tool
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a Bachelors and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or a Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Experience directing and controlling activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met.
- Experience interfacing with and providing strategic recommendations to senior customer and program management
- Work with clients to develop requirements and deliverables.
- Provide mentorship and direction to junior systems engineers.
- TS/SCI with Poly required for Position
- Experience working on ODNI systems
- Understanding of ODNI system development policies
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.