Under the ITSSC II program, Leidos supports the full range of IT integration services supporting a multi-platform computing environment, including: information systems modernization initiatives, software engineering, project management, infrastructure services, data warehousing, database administration, research, planning, security, federal enterprise architecture initiatives, and all levels of Internet, Intranet and Web portal initiatives and migrating legacy architecture to web-based platforms.
Leidos has an immediate need for a highly motivated Senior Automation Tester to provide Agile software test expertise and hands on test automation of the Disability Case Processing System (DCPS) application using the latest open source server side java script technologies on the Node platform and other related open source products. The candidate will be collocated with the SSA government employees and subcontractors at a government facility in Baltimore, Maryland. The candidate must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust.
Specifically the successful candidate will be a member of an Agile Test Team working with other Agile development teams, Database Engineers, IT Infrastructure & Operations Team and External System Owners to develop the DCPS application using open source technologies and products.
- Experience developing automation tests using core Java or Java based test frameworks – 5 years
- Experience developing automation tests with Gherkin and Cucumber – 3 years
- Experience with test automation functional/regression tests with Selenium – 3 years
- Experience with SQL for querying data to verify test results
- Experience developing test scripts to implement Features, Test Scenarios and Step-Definitions in a customized test automation framework
- Experience developing Selenium automation framework using Junit/TestNG frameworks and developing Maven targets to execute automation suites.
- Experience with API programming including RESTful services, JSON mapping, or Jackson/GSON data binding
- Experience testing in Scrum and Kanban Agile development/test processes.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills in providing technical direction and hands-on software development to include design, development and testing.
- Experience with PL/SQL procedural development
- Experience executing automated regression suite using Jenkins CI\CD pipeline or Selenium Grid
- Experience with source code versioning and Pull Requests with Git and Stash.
- Experience with VersionOne management tool.
- Experience with environments utilizing Cloud/Virtualization Technologies such as Amazon Web Services or Docker
Day to Day Duties (needed for Leidos Req)
- Participation in daily scrum meetings, agile ceremonies and test team meetings.
- Designing test strategies, test plans, and test cases from requirements, design documents and specifications for testing across different platforms (client/server, cloud) and with an emphasis on automation
- Define, develop and implement software/systems testing standards and procedures and oversee testing across SDLC.
- Collaborate with team members to refine the product backlog items
- Executing and reporting on progress of tests.
- Identifying regression test candidates for automation, planning automation activities across the team and automating test cases.
- Estimating test case writing and execution effort and keeping track of own and team progress.
- Test case authoring and holding test case reviews with stakeholders.
- Execution of test cases including functional, regression, exploratory, performance, load and smoke tests for both web applications and database.
- Reporting defects, tracking, validating and closing.
- Recording test results and reporting them.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 7 years or Masters with 5 years.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.