The Leidos Cyber & SIGINT Solutions Operation has a career opening for an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) Level III. The ISSE will support our customer in Columbia, MD.
As an ISSE III you will join a small team providing Information Assurance (IA) Architecture Analysis and Security Engineering Support to a Government customer.
The ISSE shall perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established IA standards and regulations and recommended mitigation strategies.
- Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security design
- Designs, develops, implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing and enclave environment to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements
- Builds IA into systems deployed to operation environments
- Assist architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions
- Supports the building of security architectures
- Enforces the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architecture
- Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risk throughout the program life cycle
- Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations
- Reviews C&A documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering or related field with a minimum of 12 years of experience as an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) on programs and/or contracts with the Federal Government
- CISSP or CISSP-ISSEP DoD approved 8570 baseline certification is a firm requirement
- Strong writing skills
- Confidence and ability to present briefing to senior level DoD officials in both prepared briefings and/or in ad hoc discussions.
- Additionally, the candidate must also possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Expertise in network technology and systems security engineering.
- Experience in identifying, researching, characterizing, and documenting security weaknesses related to operating systems, software applications, firmware, network hardware components, as well as network architecture design and documented policies and procedures.
Experience developing and documenting system security requirements and conducting requirements gap analysis.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.