As a Reverse Engineer, you will participate in a program providing challenging cyber projects which contribute to national priority missions related to telephony network technologies. The program executes tasks which focus smaller teams on specific challenges, while providing a large team for project support and surge requirements. Selected applicants will find challenging work that grows their careers and opportunities to broaden their skills into emerging technologies.
- Identifying and analyzing software/Network exploits
- Analyze network traffic and protocols.
- Using a high-level scripting/programming language to extract, de-obfuscate, or otherwise manipulate malware related data
- Debugging both user-mode and kernel-mode software.
- Navigate within a LINUX system as a user to include running scripts and reviewing data
- Providing mitigation suggestions in the context of a security incident, as it relates to the technical analysis of malware or other attack artifacts
- Performing independent research to better understand complex technical problems
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics or similar technical major and eight (8) years of software engineering experience. In lieu of Bachelor Degree, a minimum of twelve (12) years of software engineering experience is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the following programming, scripting and query languages:
- C, C++, Assembly (Intel, Motorola, and/or PowerPC), Pen, Python, C Shell, Bash, and SQL.
- Experience coding in C and assembly on Linux, UNIX and/or Windows systems
- Understanding of Windows or Linux Internals, embedded systems, device drivers
Experience with any of these debuggers, IDA Pro, Ollydbg, Windbg
Security Clearance: Must be a U.S. Citizen an possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.