Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer to support a fast-paced and technically challenging software design, development and systems integration program.
The Software Engineer will work with an experienced project team to design, develop, test, and integrate code and scripts to meet customer requirements and specifications. The Software Engineer will support the entire systems development lifecycle including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, testing, demonstration with the end-user / customer, and operational support. In this role the Software Engineer will be expected to contribute to hardware/software integration activities as well as other related tasking such as documentation and training as assigned.
The Software Engineer will assist in the evaluation of system operational design, system integration, and configurations in accordance with applicable DoD and International standards and policies; assist with maintaining the code and documentation repository for each software release; implementation and sustainment support during software upgrades and patch development, integration, analysis, testing, certification, fielding, and operations.
To be successful in this role you must have the following:
- 5-10 years of experience with Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline
- Experience working in Agile Environment and using Agile development tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket/Git
- Object Oriented Software Development using C++
- Object Oriented Software Development using Java
- Android Mobile Development experience
- Software Architecture Development and Implementation
- Software-Hardware Integration and Test
- UX/UI Design
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables
- US citizenship is required. Applicants must have ability to obtain U.S. DoD Secret clearance.
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Communicates and collaborates well with internal and client project team members.
- Works to influence/form consensus with team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches
- Tactical Assault Kit / Team Awareness Kit (TAK) Development & Integration
- Experience with modern web framework (e.g. Angular, React)
- Experience with interface communication standards / protocols such as TCP/IP and UDP
- Linux operating systems (e.g., CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu)
- Unix scripting (awk, perl, bash)
- Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Familiarity with NoSql databases (MongoDB, etc.).
- CompTIA Security+ certification desired
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.