Leidos Digital Solutions, Inc. has a unique opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our IT Services Team, supporting Committee and Leadership entities at the U.S. House of Representatives. This is for you, if you have an interest in joining a dynamic and respected team of individuals who provide unmatched, comprehensive IT Support for hardware and software. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be part of a close-knit team of Engineers supporting Government customers on Capitol Hill. The Engineers on this team are able to leverage both independent work and collaboration to develop, evaluate, implement, and sustain technical solutions for customer business applications and systems. Additionally, the Engineers on our team are able to strategically apply their experience, skills and knowledge to fill technical leadership roles on IT projects, with an emphasis on consultation and customer relationship management.
Services to customers include but are not limited to:
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and support VMWare ESX 6.7 environments (including vCenter and Sire Recovery Manager), Microsoft Windows 2012, 2016, and 2019 servers.
- Support and troubleshoot Citrix Virtual Apps 7.15 LTSR (including Citrix and Microsoft RDSH licensing), MS Office and other products hosted on Citrix Virtual Aps, Citrix Receiver/WorkSpace App clients running on Windows/Mac devices, and Citrix ADC/NetScaler appliances and Two-Factor Authentication.
- Support Active Directory Group Policies.
- Support audits and reviews with Enterprise IT Security for support systems, and interface as needed throughout the process.
- Triage system outages and issues, knowing when to escalate or work quickly and independently.
- Research and analyze new and existing technologies and tools to provide more efficient architecture development techniques and processes.
- Conduct frequent and direct customer interface with government system owner/customer stakeholders on system design and planning, implementation, and sustainment of systems that host mission critical business applications.
- Sustain system availability by implementing and managing industry standard tools for infrastructure and application availability monitoring.
- Design and test disaster recovery plans for supported systems and applications.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite as needed in Washington, DC, up to 5 days a week some weeks, with some potential for remote work. This is subject to change based on Leidos, customer, and local government policy related to Pandemic Remote Work.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Demonstrated experience managing and administering Citrix gateways in a XenApp environment.
- Demonstrated experience building, sustaining, and optimizing Windows Server OS VMs in VMWare environment.
- Familiarity with Active Directory policy and object management as it relates to supporting business application infrastructure (ability to troubleshoot/diagnose and partner with Enterprise AD Team on solutions).
- Familiarity with developing and sustaining Configuration Management Artifacts for supported systems that include but are not limited to system design documentation (SDD) and network diagrams.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule to support occasional after hours/weekend projects or critical support functions (almost all afterhours work is performed via telecommute).
- Strong written and verbal customer communication skills.
- Experience directly interfacing with customer stakeholders on systems development and sustainment activities.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain a Top Secret level security clearance.
- Typically requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience OR additional relevant years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience supporting NetBackup, Veritas Backup Exec, or similar enterprise back up technologies.
- Experience supporting NetApp or similar enterprise SAN administration in support of virtual servers in VMWare environment.
- Experience supporting IBM BigFix 9.5.
- Experience supporting monitoring solutions (Nagios XI, PRTG).
- Experience supporting Linux servers.
- Possessing an existing TS Security clearance is a plus.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.