Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Surface Transportation Solutions Portfolio is seeking a Performance Metrics Analyst, in Washington DC. This position will provide technical expertise in the development, evaluation, and deployment of projects related to performance metrics and maintenance management. Experience with State Department of Transportation (DOTs), or similar agencies, is preferred. Position will spend 5 days a week at a customer site within the District, except during the work-from-home mandate due to the current public health emergency. An ideal candidate will have experience analyzing data in a relational database, reviewing, managing, and reporting on maintenance work performed under a performance-based contract, working with maintenance management systems used in support of such programs, the ability to coordinate and support field inspections, and experience in report development.
As a Performance Metrics Analyst, you will:
- Work independently in a complex environment
- Manage tasks and coordinate with others to ensure project metrics are met
- Manage field inspections in support of maintenance projects goals
- Work with government agencies and private entities to support project goals
- Work with team members/government to develop concepts of operations, prototypes, and test reports
- Provide recommendations for project process improvement
- Utilize maintenance management system to track maintenance activities and work performance
- Retrieve specific information from relational database
- Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geocoding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data
- Perform statistical and descriptive analyses and visual representations displaying results through spatial and statistical tools
- Build dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices.
- Innovate by creating new programs or algorithms to improve the efficiency of or automate repeated and/or burdensome tasks
- Assimilate, process, and clean large and varied data sets
- Substantially contribute to or lead capture activities related to big data from publicly available data sources including HSIS, FARS, NASS, CENSUS, and HPMS and non-public data as required
HSIS - Highway Safety Information System
FARS - Fatality Analysis Reporting System
NASS - National Automotive Sampling System
CENSUS - Compiled and Submitted for the United States Genealogy Web Archives
HPMS - Highway Performance Monitoring System
- Requires Bachelors of Science Degree in Civil Engineering and 4+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Knowledge of metrics analysis and development principles
- Knowledge of maintenance management systems, Cityworks preferred
- Knowledge of database programing language, Structured Query Language (SQL) preferred
- Knowledge of other programing language, Python preferred
- Knowledge of data visualization, Tableau preferred
- Leader in the transportation data industry with a proven track record of completing successful projects with Federal, State, and local agencies
- Thought leadership pertaining to approaches for elevating the value and utility of existing transportation data sets either through the application of innovative analytical techniques or merging commonly used transportation datasets with novel data to generate new insight with the goal of solving transportation issues of past, present, and future
- Demonstrated ability to develop automated programs using machine learning, neural networks, or other cutting edge techniques that generate new insights from existing data
- Experience and expertise in Data Governance and thought leadership pertaining to merging and using a variety of transportation data sets (e.g., asset condition ratings and location, crash, volume, speed, location, trajectory, etc.)
- Experience and expertise in Cybersecurity
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.