Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world's toughest problems. Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers' needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
Are you an Application Support Analyst with experience working with customers bespoke systems? If you have a passion for outstanding support, investigating and resolving incidents and a keen focus on customer support and customer satisfaction then working for Leidos is the career move for you.
Due to continued growth, we have a requirement for Application Support Analysts to join our 24x7 support team. The shift pattern for these roles will be 4 days on and 4 days off covering both day and night shifts. Due to the nature of this role Security Clearance will be required so you must hold or have the ability to achieve Security Clearance.
The Application Support Analyst will be based out of our Farnborough office to provide 24x7 support to bespoke applications. You will be expected to provide an excellent customer experience when supporting newly developed bespoke applications, utilising DevOps tools to provide second line support. Please note that travel to our site in Croydon may also be required on occasions in line with business requirements.
The shifts are 12 hours, 4 days on and 4 days off, alternating days and night shifts.
- Support the Shift Supervisor in the provision of application support and maintenance services;
- Support and maintain customer relationships as part of an application support team;
- Contribute to ensuring the skills within the application support team are kept relevant to changing technologies of which customers take advantage of throughout their service term;
- Work closely with Line Manager to identify personal development opportunities as part of the Leidos Individual Development Plan (IDP) process;
- Work closely with Line manager to identify and fulfil annual goals as part of Leidos annual performance review process.
- Liaise with customers to resolve application support issues;
- Work with newly built applications on new technology stacks;
- Create and maintain detailed service support documentation relevant to the customer applications where required;
- Provide support and maintenance services for bespoke customer applications;
- Be responsible for critical applications and take Ownership of Incidents and Service Requests raised by the customer;
- As part of the support team, work within defined SLA’s ensuring customer SLA’s are aligned to and avoiding SLA breaches;
- Proactively work closely with other support and development teams within Leidos;
- Identification of continual service improvement initiatives as part of application support team;
- Possess expert knowledge of specific applications and provide training for other members of the AMS team in these applications to facilitate knowledge sharing and to be confident when dealing with the customer and other 3rd parties;
Required Skills and Fit:
- Working knowledge of Linux is essential;
- Understanding of ITIL processes and their importance in a support environment with specific consideration to incident, problem, change and release management;
- Experience of working with application monitoring and management tools;
- Understanding and working knowledge of cloud based technologies;
- Experience of working in a DevOps/Agile environment is preferential, but not essential;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), including the ability to listen effectively;
- Ability to translate technical issues into user friendly language;
- An excellent team player;
- Quick learner;
- Strong self-awareness, and a capacity to reflect on own practice and to learn from mistakes;
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:48
Shift:24/7 12 Hour Shift Pattern
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.