Leidos has an exciting career opportunity in Reston, Va. for a mid-level Communications Manger to join the Internal Communications team and lead the development and execution of plans and supporting deliverables that inform and engage Leidos employees.
The corporate Internal Communications team at Leidos plays a key role supporting efficient business operations, facilitating employee engagement, and advancing our culture of collaboration and innovation. We do this by partnering with executive leaders and functional organizations to execute their strategies and effectively flow timely and relevant information to targeted employee groups via the optimal channels.
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Internal Communications & Events and will work closely with communications teammates, functional leaders, senior executives, and subject matter experts from across the enterprise. The Communications Manager will support enterprise-wide initiatives and be the primary internal communications lead for one of our five business lines with additional responsibility across other functional teams (e.g., finance, information technology). She/he will be responsible for all aspects of designing and executing communication strategies and tactics and leveraging all communication channels (e.g., written communication, intranet content, virtual and in-person meetings). The successful candidate will be an expert writer, master editor, and easily balance multiple communications projects.
- Develops and implements company-wide and business line internal communications strategies, tactics, and materials in alignment with enterprise, business line, and functional team goals.
- Works with business line and functional team stakeholders to assess communication needs; determine key messages/themes, timing and delivery channel; and tailors communications for specific audiences.
- Writes communication deliverables for accuracy, tone, and clarity and reviews/edits work products from others for accuracy and clarity.
- Ghost writes communications for executives, with the ability to capture unique styles for authenticity.
- Works under pressure and meet tight deadlines across multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing demands on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Ability to work some nights and weekends may be required.
- Leverages our collaborative employee intranet as part of daily responsibilities and proactively uses the tool to drive employee engagement.
- Provides communications support (planning, emceeing, etc.) for virtual and in-person meetings, events, and initiatives, as needed.
- Participates in meetings to gather and synthesize information and identify opportunities to develop and/or improve communications.
- Provides internal communications strategic guidance and counsel to senior leaders.
- Drives review and approval process with key stakeholders and the internal communications team.
- Measures and presents results of communication efforts, as needed.
- Other duties at the request of the Internal Communications & Events Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, or related field from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in communications, marketing, or human resources.
- Superior English writing, editing, and verbal communications skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, highly organized with a proven track record of meeting deadlines.
- Strong project management skills and ability to balance and advance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to learn and master administrator use of our collaborative intranet platform and use the team’s workflow management platform.
- Ability to cultivate, manage, and leverage relationships, including senior executives, and meet multiple stakeholder requirements.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, maturity, and tact with proven ability to work across different audiences, personalities, and experience levels.
- Ability to work and produce deliverables independently and as part of multiple teams.
- Ability to curate and synthesize information into engaging and actionable deliverables.
- Ability to thrive in a highly flexible, rapidly changing, collaborative work environment.
- Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness with a hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office tools/programs, especially Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Prior internal communications and employee engagement experience.
- Significant knowledge of corporate communications best practices.
- Familiarity with and ability to follow AP style.
- Experience working for or with government contractors and/or technology solutions providers.
- Familiarity with web conferencing tools and platforms.
- Experience using collaborative software and workflow management
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Internal Communications
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.