Leidos is seeking an experienced Building Automation Controls Engineer for work at its Walled Lake, Michigan office. We are seeking qualified individuals with experience to excel in a high performance team responsible for the development and delivery of market leading controls services and solutions.
As a Building Automation Controls Engineer, you will provide technical expertise and work as a part of a team with other engineers and consultants involved in the design and implementation of diverse and challenging solutions for industrial and commercial clients. The ideal candidate would be responsible for the entire lifecycle of a project. Your responsibilities will range from performing system requirements analysis, hardware design, BAS and DDC programming, integration, verification and commissioning of controls systems. The successful candidate will have controls experience, knowledge of industry standards and current technologies, outstanding communication skills and the ability to meet project requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field and 2+ years related experience or 6 years of directly related experience will substitute in lieu of degree.
- Understand the fundamentals of A/C electrical circuits and low voltage D/C electrical circuits and operation.
- Hands on experience with one or more controls platforms (Tridium, Distech, JCI, Siemens, etc.).
- DDC controls programming experience and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, and device data sheets.
- Ability to use testing and metering devices.
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems and software.
- Professional demeanor, solid interpersonal skills with good written and oral communication capability.
- Possess strong business ethics at all times.
- Must be able to climb stairs and/or ladders
- Must be comfortable in both a customer site and office setting
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be able to walk up to 5 miles on unpaved surfaces
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and have the ability to work on large project tasks both independently and with other technical staff. The candidate will also have to demonstrate good communication skills with the client and team members. Travel will be required during project commissioning (20-40%). Exceptional interpersonal and analytical skills are required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.