Leidos is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst in Austin, TX.
The qualified candidate must have experience in the effective use of data provided by cost estimators to create overall cost versus benefit assessment while considering functional benefits, technical performance, risks, and schedule concerns.
During the pandemic this position can be worked remotely. Once restrictions lift, employees will be expected to return to the office; therefore, eligible candidates must live within commuting distance to 1615 Woodward Street Austin, TX 78741.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in business administration or computer science discipline is required with 5 years of professional experience; or 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education. (13 total years of experience if no degree.)
- Onsite work location in Austin TX. Must be commutable distance.
- US citizenship required for government contract
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
Experience with Technology Business Management (TBM) Advanced skills in Excel and Access Databases
Analytical skills with an accounting/budget focus Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology (IT) infrastructure and IT jargon.
Description of Duties
- Performs assignments using the knowledge of the theory, principles, concepts and practices of accounting and applies that knowledge to broad and difficult assignments.
- Develops and promulgates accounting policies and standards covering operations, to solve problems of above average difficulty in maintaining accounting systems.
- Uses thorough knowledge of governmental accounting practices and procedures including those established by GAO, OMB, Department of the Treasury and the agency to design, modify, administer or analyze accounting systems or programs.
- Writes reports and develops staff papers that accurately reflect findings and recommendations regarding fiscal and accounting operations.
- Deals tactfully and convincingly with staff members from outside offices regarding the coordination of policies and procedures.
- Requires a strong analytical background with the ability to analyze and consolidate financial results for reporting to high-level management.
- Able to demonstrate sound judgment and versatility in decision-making and problem solving.
- Perform financial forecasting, annual business plan and rolling plan, variance analysis of actual versus forecast and reconciliation of internal accounts to assess strategic decision alternatives.
Uses the knowledge and experience with Technology Business Management (TBM) framework to support the mission of running IT as a business which includes:
- Analysis of cost and consumption trends across service lines to inform budgets and decisions
- Collaborate to align business unit’s budgets with IT so all technology needs can be met
- Provide decision makers with better visibility into application and infrastructure services costs
- Individual will actively manage budgets and analyze budget execution
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Program Financial Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.