The Integrated Solutions Division is seeking a DevOps engineer in Aurora, Colorado to support maintenance and development for the CEGS system, a real-time operational SIGINT processor. The CEGS applications run under a virtualized Linux infrastructure and are deployed in three different locations (the development facility, an integration and test facility, and the operational facility). The candidate must possess an active TS security clearance at a minimum, or ideally an active TS/SCI security clearance with a CI polygraph.
The candidate will be responsible for system administration tasks for CEGS at all deployed locations via remote access from the development facility in Aurora, CO. Occasional travel may be required for maintenance tasks that cannot be executed remotely. The candidate will be responsible for issue investigation and resolution and installing new CEGS software baselines, including web services, at the deployed locations. Furthermore, the candidate will be responsible for the design, development, integration, and testing of existing and future web-based capabilities. The CEGS system is evolving with an increasing web presence and needs an experienced web developer to enhance existing, basic web tools into more mature, scalable solutions. The candidate will interface with project managers, systems engineers, software developers, and customers on a regular basis, so good communications skills are a must.
- Deploy and maintain both internal and external web servers (currently Apache web server)
- Maintain, modernize, and enhance the existing CEGS web applications
- Design, architect, and implement new web applications, processes and deployment strategies
- Monitor a large, deployed system running on the Linux operating System
- Troubleshoot systems and interface connectivity
- Integrate external products and applications with custom software baselines
- Install and configure software baselines, commercial products, and application programming interfaces
- Attend weekly developer meetings to participate in software ticket prioritization and assignment
- Communicate status via software ticket tracking tool (currently Trac)
- Provide direct customer support via weekly telecons
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent with 8 years of web development, DevOps, or systems administration experience, or MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 6 years of work experience
- High level of expertise with Linux systems (RedHat / CentOS or equivalent)
- Experience maintaining web applications in an agile development environment
- Web development experience using modern tools and techniques
- Knowledge of the HTTP 1.1, HTTP 2.0, HTTPS, and WebSocket protocols
- Scripting (Perl / Python or equivalent)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are required, as well as the ability to maintain professionalism in a diverse customer environment
- Must possess an active TS security clearance at a minimum, or ideally an active TS/SCI security clearance with a CI polygraph
- Experience in working closely with software developers to integrate, configure, and deploy commercial products
- Experience with virtualized infrastructure environments (VMWare or equivalent)
- Knowledge of information assurance, risk management framework, and assessment / authorization requirements
- PostgreSQL (or equivalent)
- Apache httpd configuration, maintenance, and deployment
- PKI management and user authentication SIGINT processing experience
- Web development using the Python or Java programming languages
- GWT/Vaadin UI toolkits
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.