Leidos is looking for Network Engineers with TS/SCI polygraphs to provide cradle to grave support work on an intelligence community information technology (IT) contract in the Reston/Chantilly/Herndon, VA areas. The selected candidate will be responsible for maintaining and administering the networks hardware and software as well as planning, designing, and evaluating network components as well as monitor the network to ensure network availability to all system users. Additionally, the Network Engineer will perform the necessary maintenance to support network availability. Tasks may include: participate in the development of new network designs, assess network management architecture, document the architecture, develop test plans, and conduct the testing effort. The candidate will be responsible for installations, upgrades, support and problem resolution
- Develop technical solutions to issues that may be unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
- Utilizion of various data sources will be necessary to fully understand the issues and inform the solution, have strong skillsets in network monitoring tools and deep analysis of network data
- Evaluate network service requests and validate/triage inquiries
- Analyze existing and future network infrastructure and services requirements
- Network hardware and software testing, implementation, integration, and management
- Create and update network infrastructure documentation
- Assist with the development of network architecture and roadmaps
- Support network refresh efforts
- Implementation of X.509 Certificates, secure socket layer (SSL), commercial & Type 1 encryption
- Programming, configuring, and troubleshooting networks
- Remote network and server administration
- Implementing Virtual private network (VPN)
- Unix (Linux, Solaris) Administration
- Perl/Shell script
- Java Script, Linux Shell Script
- Mastery in IP-related services, Routing Services, Application Services , Connection Services
- Implements network topologies and site configurations. Plan installations, transitions and cutovers of network components and capabilities.
- Assesses and documents current site network configuration and user requirements.
- Modifies existing software to ensure efficiency and integrity between systems and applications.
- Evaluates and recommends COTS applications and methodologies that can be acquired to provide interoperable, portable, and scalable information technology solutions
- Network troubleshooting (Tier 3 & 4 level support)
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Requires BS +8 years of experience or Masters +6 years of experience. Experience may be used in lieu of degree.
- Experience with government networks and secure communications.
- Knowledge of Routing and Switching systems (Cisco & Juniper)
- Experience with network performance optimization.
- Knowledge of data center networking.
- Experience with network design, network architecture, and creating network documentation.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing & Switching
- CCNP Data Center
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Routing & Switching
- CCIE Data Center
- Amazon Web Service (AWS) Solutions Architect
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- VMware Certified Professional
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.