Leidos is seeking a DevOps/GitOps Solution Architect for Baltimore location.
The DevOps/GitOps Solution Architect is a subject matter expert and thought leader, functioning as a consultant guiding our customer in architecting and developing highly complex and multi-dimensional problems with implementing next generation enterprise wide Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment architecture.
Candidate leads the development of highly innovative products/solutions, achieved through collaboration and dialogue with other experts in the field. The candidate will continually assess advancements in technologies to gauge and recommend better solutions for the customer to improve the software developer experience and efficient delivery of software.
The candidate will mentor and coach technical staff, proactively shape product vision, and support multiple internal/external initiatives to achieve mission success. The candidate will have past and proven experiences as the technical lead on large, complex projects, and enterprise solutions.
Candidate provides technical advice/input that impact strategic client outputs and Leidos business results.
Candidate impacts functional strategy by developing new solutions, processes, standards or operational plans that position Leidos competitively in the marketplace.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The candidate will be experienced in managing, implementing and executing large-scale Enterprise DevOps in a Cloud Native environment. The candidate shall demonstrate extensive knowledge in multiple development languages, software development and best practices, system design, continuous integration, continuous delivery, automation and configuration tools, testing, tool integrations, and communication. The candidate shall demonstrate knowledge of container orchestration, cloud solutions and services in a hybrid cloud environment. The candidate must be self-motivated and show initiative to research, identify, design, develop, and promote solutions that enhance the modern development environment.
The candidate will provide hands-on experience with building enterprise CI/CD architecture to support the development team’s software development, integration, test automation, security testing, and deployments. The ideal candidate will have a good foundation with Go-Lang/Java, Docker Containers, OpenShift/Kubernetes, Git, GitOps (Argo CD, Rollout, Workflow, Events), and Jenkins with solid experience building the architectural runway to enable continuous deployments.
- 15 to 20 years of experience with Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Doctorate’s degree may substitute for 2 years of required experience
- 7+ years of experience supporting GitOps/DevOps/DevSecOps
- 7+ years of experience with full lifecycle development using Go-Lang/Java
- Experience in an Agile development team, preferably Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
Key Required Skills: Software development (Go-Lang or Java), Docker, OpenShift/Kubernetes, GitOps (Argo CD Rollout, Workflow, Events), and Jenkins
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Ability to communicate with senior executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of strategic importance to the organization/project. Ability to negotiate and compromise to convince internal and external parties to accept concepts, practices and approaches of the area.
- Hands-on expert experience with implementing GitOps using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Argo CD, Argo Workflow Argo Rollout, Argo Events, and Git
- Solid experience with PaaS using Red Hat OpenShift (or other Kubernetes platforms), and Docker containers
- Experience with Helm
- Demonstrates mastery in architecting and developing highly complex CI/CD solutions at an enterprise level supporting on-premise, cloud, legacy application development and integration
- Experience migrating legacy applications to containerized solutions such as OpenShift or Kubernetes
- Experience architecting and deploying cloud-native applications to a cloud service such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience identifying requirements, researching options, designing and implementing solutions at a leadership level
- Experience in conducting training sessions and presentations
- Experience with monitoring, scalability, application reliability tools
- An in-depth knowledge of Social Security Administration (SSA) modern development environment
- Preferred experience in Secrets/Configuration Management/Scripting
- Preferred experience with software development using modern front end technologies, SOA/Microservice architecture/RESTful web service, API Management, relational databases, or SQL
- Preferred experience in Service Mesh technologies such as Istio or OpenShift Service Mesh.
- Preferred experience with automated unit testing, TDD, BDD, and associated technologies (Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, Selenium, Karma/Jasmine)
- Preferred experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, CloudFormation / Terraform)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Solution Architect
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.